Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B series LSD help

Old 05-23-2006, 06:19 PM
FredVegas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about
Default B series LSD help

Ok. From one experienced tech to another....I am stumped. I have a 94 GSR Non LSD Trans, swapped out the orginial open diff to a Kaaz LSD unit. When I swapped the diff's I noticed my old one had a course VSS gear (the dear on the diff that drives the VSS) and the new LSD unit has a fine (more teeth) VSS gear, it is still helical it just has more teeth.

My question is can I use the same VSS gear on the actual VSS or do I have to swap out for a different gear and which gear do I use? please help I need my speedo working asap.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:04 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation
Default Re: B series LSD help

Have you called kaazusa for advice? I don't remember honda having a different VVS gear.

If you don't mind me asking...but why a clutch setup vs a geared setup? For the price, a Quaife would of been better. No one has a lifetime Warranty on their LSD but Quaife. This warranty applies even when racing, and no special oil to use or plates to replace.

just my $.02...I'm not trying to shit on anything...just one tech to another.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:01 PM
FredVegas

B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about

well I got a REALLY good deal on the LSD.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

I am fairly positive that you will need to swap the gears. But like John said, call Kaaz to be on the safe side. I only have personal experience with Quaife.