Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Axleback vs catback exhaust system question

Old 11-09-2015, 03:16 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER
Default Re: Axleback vs catback exhaust system question

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Should be easy for those boots, shouldn't even have to take the rack off the car. Pop the steering ball joints free from the knuckle, unthread the tie rod ends off the tie rods, replace the boots. Reassemble and get an alignment, unless you have a really good way to mark/measure the tie rod position before you remove them. Else your toe will be wrong.
well i have a local mechanic on speed dial who is very good and i am sure he can do it but i wanted to know if it was easy enough for me to do it. with some backyard tools and some jack stands. i am getting everything ready to start a winter build so i might be asking more questions and opinions. any help would be greatly appreciated. and the super neg rep is awful. so i will be trying to fix that as well. thanks Nasthatch for the plus rep.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:22 AM
Registered member

MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER MUFF_DIVER

ok . so i have started to do more research. and i keep seeing that some mufflers have a deep tone but people say that it starts getting less deep with time. is a yonaka axleback a bang for the buck meanwhile i save up for the full 700 dollar exhaust? opinions? and also a research question because i haven't found what i am looking for. i had the stock wheel cover in the trunk of my integra sedan, and with the rain i got water in my trunk due to a leak somewhere my guess is from the sunroof hoses. so the cover ended up warping and i had to throw it out. i have searched forums and junkyards high and low and haven't seen one. would this be a dealer only part? and also the little 15 spare because i have disc brakes in the rear. i have neglected the vehicle for too long and i want to start taking pride into it again. any information would help. also. this red rep is a bummer lol
Old 11-13-2015, 07:45 AM
Indelible Anomaly

RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon

Apexi noir is basically the ws2 muffler in black. It is a quality piece that will last years... Buy the muffler and have a custom exhaust made for $300-400. Most mufflers using steel wool pack or fg packing will lose tone over time as materials settle or just plain rust out... Or worse.... Melt.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:51 AM
AaronDavis

AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis

I bought a full Yonaka axle back for a b20 civic sedan that I had. I liked the way it sounded. Had a nice tone, still had the drone at certain RPM's but that's hard to get rid of in a 4 cylinder. I also loved the way it looked, the muffler was a little further forward than most exhaust systems on Honda's so you really only saw the shiny exhuast tip sticking out to the rear bumper.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Registered member

well i really want the noir full exhaust because i hear a noise that sounds like a vibration from the heatshield so i just want to get the full exhaust. but for the meantime i will persue the yonaka. might as well. just a little cash until the big buy. and i came up with an idea. i know that in order to have fogs you need to have them cutting off when you turn on the highbeams on your lights. so my question is, can you wire the fogs in a way so that happens i don't want to deal with the headache of removing the fogs when i need to get an inspection. or should i even waste my time with fog lights? vehicle is an integra by the way. any help is appreciated.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:17 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by RatchetGoon
Apexi noir is basically the ws2 muffler in black. It is a quality piece that will last years... Buy the muffler and have a custom exhaust made for $300-400. Most mufflers using steel wool pack or fg packing will lose tone over time as materials settle or just plain rust out... Or worse.... Melt.
i think i should just buy the cheap yonaka or a used ws2 or tanabe medallion or something in that category and then wait till i can have the full exhaust made or buy exhaust specifically made for an integra sedan, i hate that they are uncommon lol.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:58 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by AaronDavis
I bought a full Yonaka axle back for a b20 civic sedan that I had. I liked the way it sounded. Had a nice tone, still had the drone at certain RPM's but that's hard to get rid of in a 4 cylinder. I also loved the way it looked, the muffler was a little further forward than most exhaust systems on Honda's so you really only saw the shiny exhuast tip sticking out to the rear bumper.
How much did you pay for the yonaka axleback? and where did you get it from. i have searched all the fs/ft threads for used mufflers but alot of people want too much for used stuff.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Registered member

02ej20wagon has a reputation beyond repute02ej20wagon has a reputation beyond repute02ej20wagon has a reputation beyond repute02ej20wagon has a reputation beyond repute02ej20wagon has a reputation beyond repute02ej20wagon has a reputation beyond repute02ej20wagon has a reputation beyond repute02ej20wagon has a reputation beyond repute02ej20wagon has a reputation beyond repute02ej20wagon has a reputation beyond repute02ej20wagon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MUFF_DIVER
How much did you pay for the yonaka axleback? and where did you get it from. i have searched all the fs/ft threads for used mufflers but alot of people want too much for used stuff.
Yea thats the truth...im currently looking for a nice exhaust for my daily gsr teg...i was thinkin maybe a type s muffler but again people want too much for it
Old 12-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

CRXB5 has disabled reputation

I recommend building your own. I bought my piping from here http://www.trubendz.com/categories/t...a-integra.html

Then I bought a Vibrant 2.5 Stealth Muffler http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vibrant-Oval...kIXRBA&vxp=mtr

Then I welded this resonator pre rear axle. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xlerator-Per...ZTvtIW&vxp=mtr

I have since sold car or I would send you video clip. It sounded great man. I welded it together myself using my friends lift and shop but i assume muffler should shouldn't charge more than $120 Labor. IT took me about 90 minutes to cut, install and weld.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Registered member

Does anybody know whats the thicker ac line that comes out of the evaporator called for a gen three integra called?