Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Starter question

Old 06-30-2016, 06:05 PM
liquor&cheeseburgers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy
Default Starter question

My mom called me tonight and said that her car is taking a while to start. Its turning over and running fine, just a little slow starting. She's having the alternator checked tomorrow, it's original to the car which is an 07 maxima with 105,xxx miles, and the battery is around 2 months old. I've never run into any starter issues other than one flat out not working on my old car so I'm not to great at troubleshooting them. If the alternator checks out OK is it possible for the starter to be getting weak and dying? I'm assuming yes but I'm not positive.

Understandably she doesn't want to start replacing parts just to try and solve a problem. Is there anything else i should look for when she brings the car to my place tomomorrow afternoon? Money is a little tight for my rents at the moment and I typically do most of her repairs but if we have to take it to a shop it's whatever.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:55 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Starter question

If she tries to start it and the battery cables are warm to the touch, starter is drawing way to much, which means starter is weak
Old 07-01-2016, 01:25 AM
liquor&cheeseburgers

Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy
Default Re: Starter question

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
If she tries to start it and the battery cables are warm to the touch, starter is drawing way to much, which means starter is weak
Thanks I'll check that out.