Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

axle help please?

Old 06-18-2005, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w1ck1d has disabled reputation
Angry axle help please?

im changing out the axles on my 1993 automatic sohc non-vtec del sol...that was a mouthful...i replace the driverside axle in about fifteen minutes and went to the passengerside. it came out fine but i cant get the new autozone one in. i got everything lined up and it goes most of the way in but no matter how hard i try i cant get it to pop the last half-inch into the tranny to finish it. it just refuses to budge at all and ive been working at it for over four frustrating as hell hours. ive tried wiggling it around, lubing it and all that crap. does anyone have any helpful suggestions at all? any assistance is much appreciated.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:31 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: axle help please?

yeah you might have gotten the wrong axle. also, did you remove both of the original axles at once? because on an auto tranny you are only supposed to remove one axle at a time.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
yeah you might have gotten the wrong axle. also, did you remove both of the original axles at once? because on an auto tranny you are only supposed to remove one axle at a time.
thanks for replying. hmm...according to autozone, i have the correct axle, and it seems to match up to the orginal. and yep, i did one at a time. this was sposed to just be a quick little task and its starting to irk me. i got pissed off and decided to leave it alone yesterday, i prolly wont get back around to screwing with it til tomorrow...any other ideas? ..maybe im just really weak?
Old 06-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

yeah, wiggle it in until you feel the splines grab and it start to slide in, and then screw the nut on the end of the axle until it's flush and wail on it with a hammer, it might just be a tight fit, thats it. i've had that happen to me a few times. match up the spline pattern to your OE axle before this just to make sure that they didnt get a diff. axle in the right box or whatever though.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:19 AM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, wiggle it in until you feel the splines grab and it start to slide in, and then screw the nut on the end of the axle until it's flush and wail on it with a hammer, it might just be a tight fit, thats it. i've had that happen to me a few times. match up the spline pattern to your OE axle before this just to make sure that they didnt get a diff. axle in the right box or whatever though.
, but i just kicked the axle into place.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:50 AM

word. thanks man.