Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

auto civic shifting crazy

Old 07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation
Default auto civic shifting crazy

ok so i just got my 91 ex civic legal and i had not drove it before i had it legal. well im taking summer refresher courses so i can start school this fall and i drove it today to class. first i noticed that it shifted late as hell and when it did shift it was like a jerking feeling and a clunk sound. Now this car did sit for a year without being driven. Only reason im even asking about this is because its my first automatic honda since 03 and that one had no problems.

could it just be low on fluid? is there a way to check it on autos? my friend drove it back to my house when i bought the car and he said it was shifting normal. that was about 3 weeks ago and that was the last time it was driven before today. please help, local forums suck in pensacola.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:45 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

Default Re: auto civic shifting crazy

wow nobody knows about auto civic trannys?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Žegistered Member

CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK

i had an 89 accord that would shift at redline, even hit rev limiter before shifting and idk what the problem was. the trans fluid dipstick on that car was kinda difficult to get to, inbetween the exhaust manifold and the radiator. plus you have to check it when its warm. make sure you have oem honda fluid in there, that seems to help. good luck, hope you get it figured out
Old 07-27-2010, 01:53 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

i checked the fluid today and it looked full, i let the car warm up before i checked it and it mainly only does it shifting from first to second. fluid was also normal color.