Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Audio Problems

Old 11-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MyCarHasAbs has disabled reputation
Default Audio Problems

I'm hoping someone out there has a clue about this. I have a 2005 Tiburon. I've had it for about a month and only one problem has arose...the driver side speakers have gone completely faint. It happened when I tweaked the bass fade a bit. I've toyed around with the settings and nothing is working. I'm getting a new unit in December anyway but I was curious is anyone had a clue what's wrong. Bad speakers? Wires?
Old 11-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: Audio Problems

anyone?
Old 11-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Registered member

sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg sleeperteg

did you happen to mess with the balance or fade and turn it to the right side speakers?
Old 11-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

sure did nothin

Edit: I went to a Tiburon site and asked the same thing but never got a straight answer. Everyone was acting like a bunch of morons.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Jim Conner

ahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these parts

check your cross fading. If you really want this fixed quit being a puss and check the speaker, its not going to fix itself. Pull out the speaker and check if you are getting current while playing music by using a multimeter. Check the speaker by swapping it with another, or using the AA method. By faint is it just playing softer or not at all? Need more details and for you to do some diagnostics and not just posting in forums.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ahugg002
check your cross fading. If you really want this fixed quit being a puss and check the speaker, its not going to fix itself. Pull out the speaker and check if you are getting current while playing music by using a multimeter. Check the speaker by swapping it with another, or using the AA method. By faint is it just playing softer or not at all? Need more details and for you to do some diagnostics and not just posting in forums.
What's a multimeter? And it's faint, sound is coming out but it's very weak.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Jim Conner

ahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MyCarHasAbs
What's a multimeter? And it's faint, sound is coming out but it's very weak.

if it is just weak you probably just fucked something up playing with your bass.
Since you haven't been able to fix your fading try reseting the radio to default by pulling the appropriate fuse.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ahugg002

if it is just weak you probably just fucked something up playing with your bass.
Since you haven't been able to fix your fading try reseting the radio to default by pulling the appropriate fuse.
It has a fuse?? No way! I'll def be checking that first! Sorry to pus out with the wires but ever since my Cavalier was in the body shop years ago, they had to take the plastic pieces to the door off and when they put it back on, they cracked it up really badly, this is a new car that was basically a much appreciated gift and I just don't feel comfortable taking crap apart on the inside in fear that I'l break something. But a fuse..I can check lol. Sorry if I sound really dumb about this haha.