Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ATTN only if u know ur shit

Old 03-08-2003, 08:17 AM
Dont sleep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS
Default ATTN only if u know ur shit

94 civic dx coupe with 95 ls swap, i used the LS harness with the motor and my question is. it worked great for the first day, ran perfect idled fine everything........... now its dead. i have no fuel, no spark, nothing the motor jus turns over. i have replaced the fuel system and new plugs wires the whole deal.

right as the car died i was driving it and it would backfire horribly and the check engine light would flash as the car backfired. the light would go off and the car would run fine. the shit looked like a orange strobe light in my dash as my car backfired.

now the car wont run and i cant even get a check engine light to come on, EVEN after i have jumped the wiring harness into "limp" mode. the check engine light is supposed to come on when u start the car and it wont do that.

i have tried a new ecu, new fuel pump, new ignition, but nothing works. the fuel pump doesnt even prime when u first turn the key.

so my question is the ls wiring harness differant than the dx??? it plugged right in and like i said it did run perfect for a day before it went to shit...... please respond with helpful info if u have any
Old 03-08-2003, 08:47 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

boy this should be fun....

ok do the dash lights come on when you try to strart it?
the next thing would be to check all of your connections. unplug and plug back in everything! check all of your grounds. when you turn on the key to the run position do you hear the fuel pump energize?

it could be so many different things.

check ALL of your fuses under the dash as well as under the hood. what ecm are you using? the ls harness should be fine in the dx.

where is the car? if all else fails i may be able to look at it

let me know how it does
Old 03-08-2003, 09:34 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

I would have to say check all grounds as well. I was going to ask if you tried another ecu, but you already did. Like Mike said it is hard to pinpoint the problem, it could be a few things. Anwer his questions and then I am sure we or somebody else may be able to help you out.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:41 AM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

something in your harness could very well be the problemo. probably isnt the brain, since youve already switched them. just double check everything you did.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Dont sleep

LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS

Originally posted by CHAHONDA
boy this should be fun....

ok do the dash lights come on when you try to strart it?
the next thing would be to check all of your connections. unplug and plug back in everything! check all of your grounds. when you turn on the key to the run position do you hear the fuel pump energize?

it could be so many different things.

check ALL of your fuses under the dash as well as under the hood. what ecm are you using? the ls harness should be fine in the dx.

where is the car? if all else fails i may be able to look at it

let me know how it does

YES. already done that with the connections. grounds are fine. NO the fuel pump does not energize and i get no spark from my wires either. all fuses are fine both in car and in engine bay. Is their a fuel pump relay somewhere cuz i have been unable to locate one....... i am using a ls ecu... the car can be looked at at the corner of military and providence at the tune up plus store. ask for joe and he will show u the car
Old 03-08-2003, 10:17 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally posted by LookslikeLS
Is their a fuel pump relay somewhere cuz i have been unable to locate one.......
Yes, it is under the dashboard on the driver side almost all of the way against the firewall side near the hood release handle. It is a pretty good sized grey relay.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Dont sleep

is their a way to check to see if its good.....
Old 03-08-2003, 11:11 AM
Asshole Supreme

Yes, but you need spark to do that. Have you tried an igniter or coil? I am not so sure that those will cure your problem though. It is kind of strage that it was running fine and then all of the sudden you have multiple problem from basically out of nowhere.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Dont sleep

Originally posted by 0psi
it is kind of strage that it was running fine and then all of the sudden you have multiple problem from basically out of nowhere.

THANK THE LORD SOMEONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS MY FRUSTRATION
Old 03-08-2003, 03:59 PM
06 blk 636

4nmusle is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a similar problem on my 92 hatch w ls swap it was a ground that i had not tighned all the way. Just thought i would give you a place to look sorry if i was no help

Quick Reply: ATTN only if u know ur shit