Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Asymmetrical vs Directional Tires

Old 12-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these parts
Default Asymmetrical vs Directional Tires

This info is for everybody. I found out doing some more research concerning my new Asymmetrical tires mounted on the rims.

http://www.justtires.com/services/faqs.html

Mounting

My directional tires were mounted incorrectly and are rotating in the wrong direction. What should I do?
Tires with a "directional" tread design are intended to roll and perform in a specific direction. The sidewall has arrows indicating the rolling direction of the tire. If installed in the wrong direction, the tire will not provide optimum performance. However, no damage or premature wear to the tire will result. The tire should be dismounted and remounted to roll in the proper direction.

My unidirectional tires were mounted incorrectly and are rotating in the wrong direction. What should I do?
"Unidirectional" tires are designed to operate on a specific side of the vehicle. If installed in the wrong position, the tire will not provide optimum performance. However, no damage or premature wear to the tire will result. The tire should be dismounted and remounted to roll in the proper direction on the proper side of the vehicle.

My asymmetrical tires were mounted incorrectly. What should I do?
Asymmetrical tires are designed to improve handling and reduce noise. These tires can rotate in either direction with the correct side facing out as indicated on the sidewall. If installed with the wrong side facing out, the tire will not provide optimum performance. However, no damage or premature wear to the tire will result. Simply have it dismounted and reinstalled correctly.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asymmetrical vs Directional Tires

good info ... i was actually wondering about some of this