Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

apexi vtec controller help!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24
Default apexi vtec controller help!!!

I have an apexi vafcII that came with the car when I bought it. I've tried to read up on it and messed around with it some but still can't figure everything out. Sometimes when vtec crosses over it feels like its lagging a little and then vtec opens up. I have a jdm b16a in a 96 ek coupe. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the best setting for a b16a. So if anyone has mastered the vafcII please help me out.

Thanks,
Evan

Please leave the bs off this thread
Old 03-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts
Default Re: apexi vtec controller help!!!

dont mess around with it yourself, get it professionally tuned. its gonna lag if u mess around with it urself cuz ive done the same exact thing. your best bet is to go to settings and scroll to "synchronize" and then hit yes. (this resets all settings)
Old 03-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

audiophile24 has disabled reputation

Need more info.....i knew the afc one and,two like the back of my hand waaaaay back when I used it for running the hack on turboed hondas. There are a few fundamentals to know the vafc controls vtec injector pulses via map signal, it does not however give you the ability to pull timing I would say if you do plan to tinker with it get a good wideband o2 and start a lo cam to high cam crossover at 5500 I would not go lower than 5k rpm crossover because the oil pressure may be a bit too low for vtec...if you need additional info there was a writeup on honda-tech.com search their archives it is,a huge help when dealing with piggyback fuel management.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Registered Member

eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24 eball24

Thanks for the input bros