Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Apexi' N1 vs. WS catback

Old 04-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Back for more

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apexi' N1 vs. WS catback

I have a few questions regarding these systems, this is going on a 5th gen lude, I know the N1 is generally regarded as the best for power but with the sacrifice of quiet, and as we all know the VB cops are notorious for ticketing for exhaust and the like SO what I want to know is how much power LESS does the WS generate because I can get either used for about the same price but the decision is going to be determined by how much power am I losing by having a quieter exhaust and is it deeper sounding then stock? I would rather the deeper smoother tone quiet exhaust then the loud exhaust with xxx more power as long as the difference is small (1-3 HP) any ideas?
Old 04-18-2004, 03:28 PM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.
Default Re: Apexi' N1 vs. WS catback

i had a w.s. on my itr and didn't notice much of a performance gain...my stock one flows about just as well....aren't you planning to go turbo? if so i would go with the n1 for sure...
Old 04-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

get the N1
Old 04-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

the ITR's have pretty good stock exhaust systems so i hear (fresh) thats probably why the gain was so little, as far as the prelude exhaust, i would just go with the N1...why risk getting a small gain with the world sport. As long as your not at WOT...i dont forsee a problem.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Back for more

Originally Posted by FR3SHT0D3F
i had a w.s. on my itr and didn't notice much of a performance gain...my stock one flows about just as well....aren't you planning to go turbo? if so i would go with the n1 for sure...
Yeah but I am only spending like 200 for either so it's temporary, I just don't want the cops harassing me...
red import + loud exhaust + dark tint = TICKET

plus my driving record is already in rough shape from 2 instances when I got tickets within the last year I would like to be ticket free for a year... esp since I am on probation and crap... so the N1 really is THAT much better then the WS huh... I posted similar over on honda tech and waiting to see what the consensus is there, it was my understanding that they are pretty much the same (same diameter pipe 2.5") except for the muffler is chambered instead of straight through which would be easy to change down the road.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

If it's temporary, don't waste your money, unless you're a baller or something. On a Prelude, I'd only get a WS if my stock exhaust had rusted out or something.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Back for more

I'm not like tru baller but I can drop a couple hundred for a temporary thing I just think the stock exhaust sounds kinda pussy not like the prelude is any power moster but I like that deeper tone all the high revving vtec's have with a good free flowing exhaust I just don't want that constant drone or buzzing that attracts the cops.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:46 PM
i gotta P.H.D

pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy

N1 fo'sho... $150 and its all yours
Old 04-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Back for more

You were one of the people I had in mind but there is a guy on the yahoo list that I bought the spoon bars off of that has the WS that I could prolly get for the same and I am thinking that the WS might be a better choice for me due to the local authorities... still thinking, it will probably be a week or 2 before I can get either...

EDIT: pimpin did you buy the blue lude off the guy who had the black rotas and all that was for sale not too long ago? and are you looking to replce the N1 with stock exhaust or anyhting? cause I will give you my stocker once I change to whatever I end up doing or I would also consider buying the N1 for 100 + my stock if your interested... just a thought...
Old 04-18-2004, 10:54 PM
i gotta P.H.D

pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy

lol...thats my lude, i posted it up for sale! I went ahead and put the stock exhaust back on, so i wont be needing that! Well...whenever you decide on what you wanna do, just hit me up!

Quick Reply: Apexi' N1 vs. WS catback