Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

anyone who has a honda between 1997-2000 read this

Old 05-31-2004, 03:46 AM
got poi?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tropic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone who has a honda between 1997-2000 read this

BACK TO RECALLS LIST

Summer 2002

Important Safety Recall: Ignition Switch

Dear Accord, Civic, CR-V, Odyssey or Prelude Owner:

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

What is the reason for this notice?
Honda Motor Co., Ltd., has determined that a defect relating to motor vehicle safety exists in the ignition switch on certain 1997 thru 2000 Honda automobiles. Electrical contacts in the ignition switch can wear prematurely due to high electrical current passing through the switch. Worn out ignition contacts could cause the engine to stall without warning. Although the engine will restart in most cases, if your engine stalls while driving in traffic or at highway speeds, you're at risk of being involved in a crash. Difficulties starting the engine (for example, hard-to-start, stalls immediately after starting, etc.) may indicate that the ignition switch is failing.

What should you do?
Call any authorized Honda dealer, and make an appointment to have your vehicle repaired. The dealer will install an improved ignition switch, free of charge. Please plan to leave your vehicle at the dealership for half a day to allow the dealer flexibility in scheduling
Old 05-31-2004, 08:22 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone who has a honda between 1997-2000 read this

What do you want to know? If you have received this notice in the mail then you have a recall to have the electrical portion of the ignition switch replaced. The contacts seem to seperate due to high currents passing through them and American Honda has revised the part and will replace it for free if your cars vin number falls under the specific range. I work at a dealership, so if you have any more questions I will try to help out as much as possible.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:59 PM

LudeQT is an unknown quantity at this point

Right before I bought my 98, my friend who I bought the car from had the same problem. It was all fixed before I bought it though.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Slowest 240 EVER

ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03

all you have to do is go a honda dealership and ask them to check for open recalls. not al vehicle have recalls.