Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

anyone running Sunoco Max Nos

Old 10-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweethatch1866 has disabled reputation
Default anyone running Sunoco Max Nos

Hey guys, I'm having my car tuned next weekend on race fuel and I'm trying to decide what fuel I want to use. The Sunoco Max Nos is designed for nos, turbo, or supercharged engines. Has anyone used it? Is it any different from basic high octane race fuel?
Old 10-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong
Default Re: anyone running Sunoco Max Nos

Have you tried Avgas 91/96 or even JP-6?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:49 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

I am not sure about the Sunoco but I use Torco 118 NOS in a turbo car. The only down side is the cost. I assume that now it has to be over 15.00 a gal. Is this going to be driven on the street? If not look into E85 or E98.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:48 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by sweethatch1866
Hey guys, I'm having my car tuned next weekend on race fuel and I'm trying to decide what fuel I want to use. The Sunoco Max Nos is designed for nos, turbo, or supercharged engines. Has anyone used it? Is it any different from basic high octane race fuel?
Do you even know what octane it is?

And what would make this gas special so it can be used in nos, turbo or S/C cars?

Answers:

No
Nothing.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

RicBushey has disabled reputation

" is designed for nos, turbo, or supercharged engines."
The wording on the spec sheet for this fuel can create a little confusion. Sunoco Max Nos is designed for turbo and supercharged engines that also run NOS. Although it is still a great fuel for high compression engines with forced induction, it was specifically formulated to work with NOS injection.

What makes this fuel special so that it is an advantage for this application (NOS feed turbos and superchargers) is that it is formulated with a higher density to work with the NOS charge, and therefore provides for an extremely fast fuel burn with a low final boiling point.

Octane ratings are: RON is 119, MON is 113, and (R+M)/2 (anti knock value) is 116.

A word of caution. Since you said you are "switching" to this fuel, and I don't know what your running, but unless its a full race motor, this might not be your fuel. It is leaded, and will fry your O2 sensors in a flash, and will certainly destroy any cats.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by RicBushey
The wording on the spec sheet for this fuel can create a little confusion. Sunoco Max Nos is designed for turbo and supercharged engines that also run NOS. Although it is still a great fuel for high compression engines with forced induction, it was specifically formulated to work with NOS injection.

What makes this fuel special so that it is an advantage for this application (NOS feed turbos and superchargers) is that it is formulated with a higher density to work with the NOS charge, and therefore provides for an extremely fast fuel burn with a low final boiling point.

Octane ratings are: RON is 119, MON is 113, and (R+M)/2 (anti knock value) is 116.

A word of caution. Since you said you are "switching" to this fuel, and I don't know what your running, but unless its a full race motor, this might not be your fuel. It is leaded, and will fry your O2 sensors in a flash, and will certainly destroy any cats.
LULZ.

He didn't check any of that shit. He just saw "NOS" and thought it was the fuel for him.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by RicBushey

Nice second post.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Registered member

sweethatch1866 has disabled reputation

Thanks for the response, I'll probabaly drive the car on the road from time to time so I think I'm gonna run 110 octane mixed 50/50 with 93 pump gas. With a 13 gallon tank that would be about 102 octane. plus I'll same some $$$$$.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Thanks for the response, I'll probabaly drive the car on the road from time to time so I think I'm gonna run 110 octane mixed 50/50 with 93 pump gas. With a 13 gallon tank that would be about 102 octane. plus I'll same some $$$$$.
Your logic defeats itself...
Old 11-03-2011, 04:40 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Originally Posted by Sun Wukong
Your logic defeats itself...
Magnets...HOW DO THEY WORK?