Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Anyone in the richmond area with a sandblaster? need a lil help with some wheels.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Sheeeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch
Default Anyone in the richmond area with a sandblaster? need a lil help with some wheels.

Last edited by Hooch; 06-16-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Anyone in the richmond area with a sandblaster? need a lil help with some wheels.

Have you tried reapplying stripper to remove the old stripper?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:17 AM
TonzAGunz

Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88
Default Re: Anyone in the richmond area with a sandblaster? need a lil help with some wheels.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
yeah, you know...a little stripper on stripper action...
Old 01-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Sheeeit

hadnt really crossed my mind. it didnt do a very god job of removing the factory primer first go around so i was thinking that blasting it with something such as crushed walnut shell would be more practical and time saving....i think its crushed walnut shell, whatever it is people use when they dont want to pit the metal.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

freshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these parts

thats what i was thinking ..my friend has a sand blaster but isnt located in richmond but in winchester.i can give him a call if you would like..what car is those rims off of though accord?dont think ive seen them b4
Old 01-15-2012, 04:31 PM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

Aircraft remover.

Last edited by dyoungin'; 01-15-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered member

henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26

you can try to powerwash the old stripper and re-strip with new stripper
Old 01-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Sheeeit

Originally Posted by freshrex
thats what i was thinking ..my friend has a sand blaster but isnt located in richmond but in winchester.i can give him a call if you would like..what car is those rims off of though accord?dont think ive seen them b4
yea winchesters a bit of a hike, but yes they are accord 12 slotters, back when accords had flip up headlights they still ran with a 4x100 lug pattern instead of the 4x114. ive never seen anyone do anything with these wheels either, even on google....kinda why i like them despite the fact they are 14s.

Originally Posted by dyoungin'
Aircraft remover.
Originally Posted by henryt26
you can try to powerwash the old stripper and re-strip with new stripper
probably whats gonna end up happening
Old 01-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Registered Member

freshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these partsfreshrex is infamous around these parts

figured lol...i remember refurbishing the steelies on my old lude by hand..no sand blasting and no paint stripper it was a PITA ..i can post pics for motivation if you would like..dont wanna thread jack..goodluck tho and 14s look bigger on efs and those old accords haha
Old 01-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Banned

jaimecolon is an unknown quantity at this point

i have minor curb rash on mine and also have clear coat pealing is there anyway u can fix them and ill ovyesly pay i want the stock aluminum look like the one that you have the last picture my rims are stock oem 94 accord rims. i tryed to pm you but it said your inbox was full.