Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Anyone local, love DSM's....

Old 09-28-2007, 05:56 AM
r0tard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts
Default Anyone local, love DSM's....

Just got one, need some parts and info. I am putting it back together, need some info on the turbo coolant lines/tubes.

Just registered on a few DSM forums...this will be fun!

I was also about to order an EVO III manifold, turbo and 02 housing....any thoughts?

Last edited by Verbal; 09-28-2007 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:59 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay
Default Re: Anyone local, love DSM's....

Download mitsubishi's parts software. (CAPS) Ask around for a link on the DSM sites. That will help you find part #'s for oe parts.

Rockville Mitsubishi has a DSM and 3/S discount. http://mitsupartsdirect.com/index2.html

Best oe prices around.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:11 AM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon

what parts are you looking for? persoanly i'd get the car up and running make sure everyhting is in good conidition. then go from there, i have the evoIII set up that your looking at. i'm pleased it's a good all around set up.

sites to check out:
vfaq.com
sovadsm.com
dsmtalk.com
dsm.org
Old 09-28-2007, 06:47 AM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Jay
Download mitsubishi's parts software. (CAPS) Ask around for a link on the DSM sites. That will help you find part #'s for oe parts.

Rockville Mitsubishi has a DSM and 3/S discount. http://mitsupartsdirect.com/index2.html

Best oe prices around.
Thanks for the info, i need a few OEM parts!

Originally Posted by execelon
what parts are you looking for? persoanly i'd get the car up and running make sure everyhting is in good conidition. then go from there, i have the evoIII set up that your looking at. i'm pleased it's a good all around set up.

sites to check out:
vfaq.com
sovadsm.com
dsmtalk.com
dsm.org
I have spent the last few days on vfaq.com. A lot of good info

As for the evo III setup, I need this stuff to get it running. The 2g manifold is cracked to hell and the turbo is shot. I have no o2 housing, dp or exhaust. I am also missing LICP, MAS and intake tube..

Oh, i need the hard coolant lines to the turbo as well, the long one that goes from the oil cooler to the turbo.

I was trying to find stock stuff just to see how it ran, then i figured i'd smart'n up a little.... buy a battery and do a compression test today.

All in all, i like it...its a heavy sombitch.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Registered member

ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN

what year/model dsm?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:32 AM
DSM=Need I Say More?

dsmpwr25 has disabled reputation

Welcome to the world of watching your money sit and look pretty..........and run sometimes.....haha but u have to learn to love it
Old 09-28-2007, 07:44 AM
r0tard

Originally Posted by ONEFLYAZN
what year/model dsm?
1995 TSi. Plan on removing all the TSi though...(plastic sides, rear bumper and lights)

Originally Posted by dsmpwr25
Welcome to the world of watching your money sit and look pretty..........and run sometimes.....haha but u have to learn to love it
Thats what i hear, can't be any worse than owning a rotary or a turbo honda..LOL. I plan to kept it mostly Mitsu (EVO III parts), shouldn't have many problems, i hope. Although i already priced a 6-bolt.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

no_rice_gst has disabled reputation

Personally I would worry about getting the 7 bolt running right before you start pricing out a 6-bolt. You should really check out the national sites, dsmtuners and dsmsource have great online traders. I'd be worried about my car running more then performing right now. You might want to look into getting a 2g mani with a 14b and a 2g O2 housing for a turbo set-up. It'll be cheaper then an Evo3 16g and it'll let you get the car back on the road and you can start working out the bugs.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:11 AM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon

i have a good 14b with all lines water/oil pm me if your interrested. i also have some 1g manifold but you don't really want that stuff although to get you running i'd give it to ya. i'll have to look around and see what i got.. (i got bins full of shit)
Old 09-28-2007, 09:35 AM
r0tard

Originally Posted by no_rice_gst
Personally I would worry about getting the 7 bolt running right before you start pricing out a 6-bolt. You should really check out the national sites, dsmtuners and dsmsource have great online traders. I'd be worried about my car running more then performing right now. You might want to look into getting a 2g mani with a 14b and a 2g O2 housing for a turbo set-up. It'll be cheaper then an Evo3 16g and it'll let you get the car back on the road and you can start working out the bugs.

I was being facetious, knowing the 7-bolts had issues. I just picked up a battery and i am about to check out the compression.

Why would i waste my money, buying stock stuff.....to turn around and buy evo stuff later anyway. If this motor doesn't run, it will be yanked and a running one will be put in its place, know what i mean.

The only bitch is, i think there was an alram in this car previously...but i didn't get any remotes, fun-fun!!

Here it is, after two wash jobs and two coats of Meguiars Gold class...

Last edited by Verbal; 09-28-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone local, love DSM's....