Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Anyone ever do a Turbo Prelude????

Old 08-21-2003, 08:50 PM
BOXIN YOU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone ever do a Turbo Prelude????

If any one has or knows anytyhing about it....i am turboing my gen 4 lude and i am going to be getting a turbo manifold that will allow me to have my ac still, but seeing how crowded it is, will I need to move anything else like the alternator or the radiator??? and oh yea, im putting on a t3/t4 so its pretty large...please help me!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:14 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

ive seen one turbo prelude and it bew the fuck up on like 4 psi and,i believe the guy had an f max kit but f max sucks ass anyway and 1 turbo prelude from u speed but im not sure what happened to it, not sure what has to be moved if anything at all, and you cant just up and move the radiator or the alternator dude,youll have to make your setup fit around that, most preludes have the manifolds with runners that go up and put the turbo at the very top instead of runners that go down for the purpose of not hitting the radiator and the only thing you need to make sure is right is the downpipe, but im not used to turbo preludes so good luck with your venture dude.......
Old 08-22-2003, 04:04 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

There was a Prelude meet in NoVA earlier this year and I saw 4 or 5 TC'd ludes there. You should be able to find plenty of info online.

And there should be plenty of room for turbo accessories and plumbing under that hood.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:08 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

h22 or h23? that sucks i just sold off an f-max manifold and downpipe for an h23 like a month ago. sold them real cheap too. if youre boosting an h22 the general consensus is that the ring lands will go around 7psi-ish unless properly tuned. there are kits that allow you to retain your air conditioning but if im not mistaken the f-max doesnt do so. just some advice - piece together your own kit and have your own piping made. you'll get your setup how YOU want it for about half the cost.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:17 AM

Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw a turbo Lude running around VA Beach with the plates "XTRAPSI". I also know of a turbo 'Lude owned by a guy in Mi-4. He posts on this forum.

As far as boost pressure goes, I know the Greddy kit runs at about 7-8psi. They use the same TD05H-18G turbo on the Prelude kit as on the Civic Si/Integra GS-R. I would be sketchy about running any more boost than that without building a fuel system that could handle it.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:36 AM
no love for hoes...

99slowlst

i wouldnt run 7-8 psi without an fmu at least...

and on h22's, dont you want a closed deck?
Old 08-22-2003, 04:37 AM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

thers a guy in streamline with a 5th gen turbo. i think his name is turboh22 or h22turbo or somthin like that.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:41 AM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

We have 2 turbo H22 in our shop..one in a EG that did low 13's on 5psi and another in a 'lude that's in tunning stage right now..there not that bad to work with..just don't boost without building...suck's when those H22 blow.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:35 PM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, well i am expecting to be getting a aem fuel rail with the aem fuel pressure regulator and a walbro pump with dsm 450 injectors....would that be cool to run as much as 8psi like on weekends for races??? and also, the guy who did the post just before who said he hs 2 turbo ludes in his shop, how much would it be for you to tune mine??
Old 08-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

TRBO SUX is an unknown quantity at this point

sell your stuff fast and get nitrous, call it a day.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever do a Turbo Prelude????