Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

any vtec head on my 91 ls bottom??

Old 11-14-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rokmarines has disabled reputation
Default any vtec head on my 91 ls bottom??

can u put any vtec head on my 91 ls bottom end without messing with the wiring and all that stuff and any year vtec head??let me know thanks guys
Old 11-15-2006, 04:34 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any vtec head on my 91 ls bottom??

any b series head will work. some wiring will need to be changed, different ECU, oil supply line to head, and some modifications to the head, but all in all, its about a 5 hour job if you take your time.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:52 PM

umm what kind of wiring and what kind of head work??
Old 11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rokmarines
http://www.honda-tech.com

All the information you would ever need, and more. Just click on the text at the top right hand side in red, labeled "Search."
Old 11-15-2006, 05:30 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rokmarines
VTEC for starters. The head needs to have an oil passage blocked, and an oil feed tapped.

Its not a hard job at all, but it sounds like you should probably pay someone to do it for you.

Head work will cost you about 100 bucks, new ECU will be about 100 (if you find a good deal). Look up ls/vtec conversion kit. Comes with head gasket, sandwich fitting, oil fittings, oil like, head studs, tap ,and plug.

good luck
Old 11-16-2006, 05:55 PM

thanks a lot guys if no one buys my da then imma go ls vtec for sure haha thanks for everything everybody