Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Any Toyota tech's in the house?

Old 05-18-2007, 07:14 PM
<----BigBake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative
Default Any Toyota tech's in the house?

My dad just bought a '08 Tundra with the 4.7 V8. Its got all of 100 miles on it now......and it wouldn't start today. The engine will crank, but will not start. If you hold the key in the start position for more than a second or so, the starter will hang (turning the motor over) until you turn the key back........but no start. Also, it seems that is is a little difficult at times removing the key from the ignition.

The truck is getting picked up from their house tomorrow morning via a tow truck, and taken back to the dealer. Just wanted to know if there are any seasoned Yota techs on here that might know of a bulletin or fix for this issue.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Any Toyota tech's in the house?

so you're saying the starter works? i was confused about that part.

is it just not sparking?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:03 PM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Originally Posted by murphy660
so you're saying the starter works? i was confused about that part.

is it just not sparking?

Originally Posted by LXative
The engine will crank, but will not start.
Its "just not running". I could tell you more than you wanted to know about BMW's, but not much of shit else. I was assuming this thing has a few bus systems like most others are going to........

But the "no start" is just that, it doesn't run. Like its not getting fuel or spark. This is what tends me to believe there is a communication error possibly, maybe with the key or the ignition in general?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:13 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

I believe thats what the car does with a key that isn't programmed. Maybe its possible that the key lost its program somehow, or something to that nature? I'm no tech, but I'm around Toyotas all day long and pick up a few random things during the day. I'd ask tomorrow at work, but by then you will probably already know the situation.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:37 AM
<----BigBake

Originally Posted by eluam
I believe thats what the car does with a key that isn't programmed. Maybe its possible that the key lost its program somehow, or something to that nature? I'm no tech, but I'm around Toyotas all day long and pick up a few random things during the day. I'd ask tomorrow at work, but by then you will probably already know the situation.
Same thing I guessed it might be. I figured most manufacturers are going the same direction as some of the advanced cars..........since I am a BMW tech I deal with this shit all the time with that.

Guess I'll find out sometime later......