Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

any toyota techs?

Old 05-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Means Slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of
Default any toyota techs?

if there is one out there help me out. i need to find the resistance for the driver side airbag for a 99 corolla?
Old 05-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any toyota techs?

Measure it using a multimeter?
There is one small problem here, you are probably doing something illegal. I'm assuming you're using this to either bypass the airbag or reassemble a car that has had the airbags set off and not replacing them. I'd be very careful doing it, and posting something regarding it online is not a smart thing.....

-Andy
Old 05-29-2005, 08:34 AM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

nah...my friends corolla is showing a srs light concering the drivers air bag. well i just hope its the just the coil spring...im kinda acutally nervous proboing the actual airbag. of setting it off well...that would be my last resort unless someone actually knows the
resistance of the air bag?
Old 05-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

axis45 has disabled reputation

usually around 6 ohms, be carefull, and DO NOT test the air bag itself with a multimeter or anything else. you can remove the air-bag and connect a dummy load (resistor) to the plug on the harness side and see if the light goes out, if it does then replace the air-bag, if it doesnt the problem lies else where like you said its probably the clock-spring(or coil or reel or whatever you want to call it). this can be tested with an ohm meter by disconnecting both ends(one at the air bag the other at the column) and checked for continuity.

Last edited by axis45; 05-29-2005 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just outta curiousity, but shouldn't Toyota still cover that I'd hope?
Old 05-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Means Slow

hell i dunno...just workin on a friends car who asked.