Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.


Any Rotrex Supercharger Users????

Old 12-23-2013, 08:03 AM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
BSTDA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Miami FL/ Raleigh,NC
Posts: 299
BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9
Default Any Rotrex Supercharger Users????

Have been looking at this kit since it was released, been contemplating purchasing one for my car. Any tech guru's on the board about these kraftwerks superchargers? Just looking for feedback and driving experiences people have had with them on their s2000's or K-series cars. Obviously not expecting much if any feedback from the B-series camp as the product is still new for us guys.

Have done a bit of research but haven't found much help from any first hand users, with it's better "drive ratio" people are saying it's not the same performance wise as a Vortech and is leaps and bounds better than the ancient centrifugal supercharger counterparts.


http://cms.kraftwerksusa.com/id/932/...er-Kit-C30-94/
BSTDA9 is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 08:28 AM
  #2  
+RepCarebearCrew
 
I<3Strippers!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Getting lap dances.
Posts: 17,222
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: Any Rotrex Supercharger Users????

I've helped install one on a miata, and on a S2000. It's a great unit, pretty straight forward, good kit. Science of speed makes a great kit too
I<3Strippers! is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 08:42 AM
  #3  
2doors plus 2.
 
Yep4doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 540
Posts: 1,864
Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors
Default

Originally Posted by BSTDA9 View Post
Have been looking at this kit since it was released, been contemplating purchasing one for my car. Any tech guru's on the board about these kraftwerks superchargers? Just looking for feedback and driving experiences people have had with them on their s2000's or K-series cars. Obviously not expecting much if any feedback from the B-series camp as the product is still new for us guys.

Have done a bit of research but haven't found much help from any first hand users, with it's better "drive ratio" people are saying it's not the same performance wise as a Vortech and is leaps and bounds better than the ancient centrifugal supercharger counterparts.

http://cms.kraftwerksusa.com/id/932/...er-Kit-C30-94/
We will end up using this later I'm sure.

It really all depends on what you're using it for.
Yep4doors is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 09:09 AM
  #4  
Anal hammer
 
JacKal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Newport Nubia
Posts: 2,516
JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal
Default Re: Any Rotrex Supercharger Users????

If you plan to use it on a B series I'd wait a bit and let the issues sort themselves out. That's my rule of thumb with anything new I let the pioneers sort the bugs before I purchase.
JacKal is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 09:52 AM
  #5  
-RepLegion
 
Mau5head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newport News/ NC Lake Gaston
Posts: 2,179
Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head
Default Re: Any Rotrex Supercharger Users????

Why spend that kind of money for a supercharger setup when you could go turbo? B-series is a proven platform for turbo applications.
Mau5head is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 AM
  #6  
BACON!
 
PhillyLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,738
PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1
Default Re: Any Rotrex Supercharger Users????

They have issues with the planetary gears. Avoid.
PhillyLS1 is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 11:07 AM
  #7  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
BSTDA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Miami FL/ Raleigh,NC
Posts: 299
BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9
Default Re: Any Rotrex Supercharger Users????

Originally Posted by JacKaL View Post
If you plan to use it on a B series I'd wait a bit and let the issues sort themselves out. That's my rule of thumb with anything new I let the pioneers sort the bugs before I purchase.

lol, I did hear about the early s2k kraftwerks kit having issues, good point!
BSTDA9 is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 03:49 PM
  #8  
i pooped a squirrel
 
Gen_Crunchytoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ravaging shitholes
Posts: 9,348
Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: Any Rotrex Supercharger Users????

pm obd2eg on here. he has a rotrex'd type r thats fucking terrifyingly fast.

and he did it before they released a kit. iirc that kit is based on his design
Gen_Crunchytoes is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 07:03 AM
  #9  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
BSTDA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Miami FL/ Raleigh,NC
Posts: 299
BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9 BSTDA9
Default Re: Any Rotrex Supercharger Users????

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes View Post
pm obd2eg on here. he has a rotrex'd type r thats fucking terrifyingly fast.

and he did it before they released a kit. iirc that kit is based on his design
Thanks! I sent him a pm. So I'm assuming you have ridden in his car?
BSTDA9 is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 05:16 PM
  #10  
i pooped a squirrel
 
Gen_Crunchytoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ravaging shitholes
Posts: 9,348
Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: Any Rotrex Supercharger Users????

i have. its fast
Gen_Crunchytoes is offline  

Quick Reply: Any Rotrex Supercharger Users????


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: