Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

american and jdm ecu's

Old 05-29-2003, 08:04 AM
VIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts
Default american and jdm ecu's

are the american and japanese ecu's the same?(same side connectors, not flipped?)
Old 05-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Yes..
Why would the connectors be flipped?
A lot of the ECUs were used in US, Euro, JDM cars, with different programs and some small hardware changes for different engines, like no no knock sensor or barometric sensor..
Old 05-29-2003, 09:46 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

well i dont know, thats why im asking. why would they flip the hazard light switch and windshield wiper switch? just curious cuz i dont want to buy something that will only be compatible with j-spec vehicles
Old 05-30-2003, 03:27 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Those don't have anything to do with the ECU, I don't understand what you're talking about at all.. I'm sure there are a lot of harness differences behind/below the dash, because JDM cars are right hand drive, but what specifically are you worried about? Why would the engine computer control the wipers and hazards???????
Old 05-31-2003, 07:32 AM
VIP

i know it has nothing to do with the ecu. its just an example of one thing being different from the american and japanese cars. the part im getting is supposed to be piggy backed on the ecu. but i looked at it and it'll work. thanks