Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

am i missing something from my nitrous setup?!

Old 11-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Bearded.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO
Angry am i missing something from my nitrous setup?!

ok..im looking for a diagram on a dry NOS setup..

-10lb bottle
-purge
-and all the lines that i need

basically when i got the kit tonight..it had the purge, bottle, bottle brackets, and the nitrous solinoid..OK

so i was talking to someone else and they said that i do not need a fuel solinoid b/c im runnign a dry shot..the fuel solinoid is only for wet shots..anywayz..

when i was looking at my purge, and nitrous solinoid, and it seems that there is a line that runs from the nitrous solinoid (the opposite side of the purge) to something else?!!!?
(im pointing to it in the first picture)

-so my question is does this line go to fuel solinoid or what?
on the side where the purge solinoid is, there is a line as well but, thats the one with the fitting on it, that has the 55 shot in it..so i KNOW where this one goes..

-AND another question....on the purge solinoid...the black vaccume line..where does that go?
diagrams and link would be greatly appreciated(picture 2)

and there are 2 black wires coming from the back on the n02 soilnoid that are twisted togther..and i have no clue what they go to..(picture 3)

im starting to think that i got fucked over on this kit...b/c im missing so much shit..

unless he sold me a wet kit and didnt give me the fuel solinoid, and the brain box? but i have no clue whats up with this shit..

im starting to get fuckign pissed as shit...some one help please

and helpful likes would be appreciated as well..thank you

-i went to the NOS website, and nothign really helped, b/c i do NOT know what kit i have
-and i went to google, and ZEX, and honda-tech..and nothing really was descriptive..so

drag im leaning towards you for help..

thanks again..

Last edited by DORKO; 11-21-2005 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:34 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: am i missing something from my nitrous setup?!

that second line is for a pressure guage i believe, so you can monitor your bottle pressure. the two wires coming out of the solenoid are for activating it, one gets power and one gets a switched ground.

the "vac" line coming off the purge solenoid is for the vapor to come out of, find a nice creative way of routing it so you get a cool vapor cloud when you purge.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Bearded.

-ok so in the 1st pic...the line on the opposite side of the purge valve...the line is for a guage...well there is a pressure guage ON the bottle it self..so is there another guage that goes with it or something?

-the 2nd pic the vaccume line on the purge valve, what is the copped fitting for on the line? if the nitrous comes out of the

-and the 3rd pic, the wires coming off the back of the solinoid...DOES it matter which wire is grounded, and which wire gets power? since they are both solid black..?..and when you say a "switched ground" what do you mean?

just a normal ground to the chassis or what?

thank you for the information
Old 11-05-2005, 03:03 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

the pics arent too clear, but from what i can see, its for the nozzle instead of a gauge. i can see it better on my PC at home now. Thats what it looks like. as for your solenoid, you will need a few things to wire it up:
arming switch
spray switch
throttle switch (microswitch on the throttle, so you can only spray at WOT)

some people wire the switches on the power side of the solenoid, i like to wire on the ground side since you can use a smaller wire, but to each their own. it doesnt matter which side gets power and which gets ground off the solenoid, its DC. you need to wire the switches in series too.

the second fitting on the line from the purge valve looks like someone tee'd it to do a dual spray is all.

the first pic, you are pointing to the fitting that hooks to the nozzle. what kind of nozzle did it come with?
Old 11-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Bearded.

no the 1st pic..thats where the fuel solionoid would go if it was a wet shot i would believe...

the side where the purge valve is..in the T the line pointing down is the line with the intake shot (the 55 shot spray)....

the on im pointing to is the line where i do not where it goes?
Old 11-05-2005, 03:45 PM
The Pro to call.

if its like you say, why is the purge valve on the spray side instead of the supply side of the solenoid

the black solenoid with the black hose is the purge solenoid, you route that hose somewhere (cowl, grille, etc) that is visible to you so you can see when its purged right.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

use some common sense and go to nitrous oxide system's website and look at a diagram of the purge solenoid.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Bearded.

im thinking the line coming for the opposite side of the purge is a connecting line for the solinoid..

the line from the bottle connects to the connector in the 1st pic...then it goes throught the solonoid to the actual spray nozzle and the purge...

does it matter how i connect those wires to a switch...

it dosent matter if one is grounded, and one is wired to a switch? where do they get power from them to open and close the solonoid?

and still im missing something...b/c there is nothing to arm the system with..? where does the power go? im so con(fucking)fused right now...

if you know of any diagrams or trustworthy sites worth looking at....

please post them..

thankx
Old 11-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Bearded.

here are some more pics...from the person who sold it to me..

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113115

im going to TnT motorsports and asking the dude in there (supposedly) he knows alot about nitrous setups or soething..91civhatch on here referred me to him..

but any wayz..

help just a lil bit more?
Old 11-06-2005, 02:45 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by dorko-t
it dosent matter if one is grounded, and one is wired to a switch? where do they get power from them to open and close the solonoid?
lol!

dude you need to pay someone to install this shit.