Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Alpine Headunit bypass help.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Zombies found Waldo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie
Default Alpine Headunit bypass help.

I recently installed an Alpine iXA-W404 in my car. When I did it I skipped over the foot brake and the ebrake wires, figuring I would hook them up later. Well after installing, I found I couldn't change any settings on the stereo (clock/date) without these wires being connected. I have installed many stereos but never a touch screen. I know I can bypass these connections but I am not sure what I need to do exactly.

Do I only need one switch or do I need two? Can I tap into the same 12v source my stereo is using or do I need a seperate source?

Thanks.

EDIT: I don't want to watch TV/Movies while drive, I just dont want to pull apart my dash and center console and run wires everywhere.

Last edited by buugiewuugie; 04-25-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:06 PM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Alpine Headunit bypass help.

you have to connect the foot brake wire to ignition power then connect the e-brake wire to ground with at switch inbetween then turn the radio on flip switch off on off on and it will work.. or just buy the module that alpine makes and just connect it up(this way is cleaner and no extra wires to run)
Old 04-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

use a relay . alot cleaner than switches . plus switches get anoyin after a while with all that on off on off crap. but any power sources should be ok as long as its not a constent one after u turn off car. but yes ground out that ebrake wire and run power to the other one.

Last edited by aacjohnc; 04-26-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

Rigginit has disabled reputation

Call a respected stereo shop and ask them for a TR7. its an alpine interface to take care of that all in one easy box. shouldnt cost much at all. It takes care of the double switch on/off pulses and everything.
In case the shops arent sure. Here's PAC's TR-7 module:
http://www.amazon.com/PAC-TR7-Univer.../dp/B0002J22BO
Old 04-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Thanks for the responses guys. I got it straight. I decided to run only one switch for the foot brake and run the ebrake wire correctly. That way I am not tempted to watched videos while driving. It works great.