Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Alignment Results

Old 11-07-2002, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keynosabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alignment Results

I bought 4 new tires for my 240 last night, and also payed for an alignment. When I came back to get my car, they told me that the front was aligned fine, but when they tried to align the rear, they said their work was nominal. They told me that I would need to take it to a body shop and have them readjust the framing. Anyone else ever have any similar occurence?

About how much should I expect to pay for this ?

Any input would be appreciated.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:58 AM
Former 757'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default Re: Alignment Results

Originally posted by Keynosabi
I bought 4 new tires for my 240 last night, and also payed for an alignment. When I came back to get my car, they told me that the front was aligned fine, but when they tried to align the rear, they said their work was nominal. They told me that I would need to take it to a body shop and have them readjust the framing. Anyone else ever have any similar occurence?

About how much should I expect to pay for this ?

Any input would be appreciated.
Well, I have about the same problem as you. There's minimal-to-no adjustment in the rear suspension. If I want to adjust the rear, they have to do something along the lines of what you stated or just buy adjustable rear-end pieces. There are PLENTY of suspension parts for 240's also. So, they shouldn't be to expensive and fairly easy to install.