Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

aligning a lowered car with camber and caster plates?

Old 09-23-2005, 11:07 AM
~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickyroo has disabled reputation
Default aligning a lowered car with camber and caster plates?

i went to get a new tire today because my front driver side had a tear in the inner lining and was causing a knot on the side. they pull off the old one and it's got a tiny bit of cord exposed on the inside. so naturally they pull off the other front and it's wearing much quicker on the inside than it is on the outside. they rotate the tires and put on my new one but say the car is going to need an alignment sometime soon. so... here is my question.

the shop i went to (Hornsby Tire Jefferson Ave.) can not align the car because it has caster and camber plates on it and it is lowered. who does this? do i need to take any information to whoever does it? it obviously isnt going back to factory settings so how do they get it just right? that god damn tire was expensive (225/40/18) and im not trying to buy 3 more because i didnt get a $100 alignment.

suggestions?

kthx <3
Old 10-19-2005, 05:51 AM
Suprize cockbag!

Odin has disabled reputation
Default Re: aligning a lowered car with camber and caster plates?

ask around for somebody that works at a shop that will do it for you. The alighnment machines at the shops tell you align your car based on a stock suspention. most of them are too fucking lazy to figure out how to ahlign a car with camber plates. You should be able to do at you house if you got a car jack. Just lift the car up, loosen the bolts on the plate an pull the top of your tire out untilthe plate moves out like one or two notches (make it one at first to be safe). If your tires still wear on the inside - repeat process
Old 10-19-2005, 05:53 AM
Suprize cockbag!

Odin has disabled reputation

just pm me with any other questions
Old 10-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Give Bert's Alignment a call. They're located in Virginia Beach on the Blvd. b/n Withduck and Newtown (if my memory is serving me correctly). I know they can do alignments on most lowered cars, but call first just to be sure.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

STIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to behold

All Aspects Motorsports
547-2888

It is $45 for a front end. As long as your car is not sitting on the ground it will be no problem at all.