Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Air conditioner issue on honda del sol

Old 05-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xboxhaxorz has disabled reputation
Default Air conditioner issue on honda del sol

The car does blow cold air, but i dont think its cold enough air. I bought a recharge system from advance, it has the gauge at around 25 in 70 degree weather which is a little low but not bad. Sometimes the engine makes some noise and the gauge goes up to 45 for a bit and back down. The type of noise its making is as if its working harder but then goes back to normal operation.

I could be confusing engine noise with a compressor or something though. I felt the air coming out of the vents with the ac button on/ off and the temperature feels the same to me

Last edited by xboxhaxorz; 05-19-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

jaydm7182 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Air conditioner issue on honda del sol

THE COMPRESSOR KICKING ON AND OFF IS NORMAL, THERE IS A HIGH SIDE AND LOW SIDE, HIGH SIDE IS GAS AND LOW SIDE IS LIQUID. THE COMPRESSOR HAS A CLUTCH IN IT THAT LOCKS INTO PLACE TO CIRCULATE THE R134.

WHEN IT REACHES A CERTAIN PRESSURE IT WILL KICK OFF, UNTIL THERE IS PRESSURE THAT NEEDS TO BE BUILT BACK UP AGAIN.
THE CHANGING OF LIQUID AND GAS IS A CHEMICAL REACTION THAT IT RESULTS TO BEING COLD

HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE

Last edited by jaydm7182; 05-19-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Easy with the caps lock there....
Old 05-20-2010, 04:13 AM
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts

Lol yeah, seriously.

And on a side note, if you do wind up replacing the compressor, change your accumulator-drier, too. If you dont, the contaminants from the old one could damage the new compressor.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

xboxhaxorz has disabled reputation

Yes that makes sense. So when it goes up to 45 psi that is just the high pressure which is gas and not the # i should be monitoring? The pressure it usually is at is 25 psi so after your explanation is the low side liquid and that is the right # i should be gauging, which means i need to put a bit more in.How do i know if the compressor is bad?
Old 05-21-2010, 02:04 AM
i <3 my civic

slick88 has much to be proud ofslick88 has much to be proud ofslick88 has much to be proud ofslick88 has much to be proud ofslick88 has much to be proud ofslick88 has much to be proud ofslick88 has much to be proud ofslick88 has much to be proud ofslick88 has much to be proud ofslick88 has much to be proud ofslick88 has much to be proud of

turn the recycle button on in the car
Old 05-21-2010, 02:08 AM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by The Guy
Lol yeah, seriously.

And on a side note, if you do wind up replacing the compressor, change your accumulator-drier, too. If you dont, the contaminants from the old one could damage the new compressor.
and the orfice tube* also. Advance auto parts warranties for compressors are only validated if you buy everything.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:11 AM
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts

^^
Aha. Forgot about that. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:00 PM

Ben L has disabled reputation

does the compressor cycle on and run for several minutes or does it just kick on for a second or two? compressor will have a safety shut off if there's a freon leak and click off ofter a second or two. My del sol had pin hole leaks in the condensor...
Old 06-01-2010, 05:53 PM
fabricated reality

kawgomoo can only hope to improve

sounds like you are low on 134.

fill it up until the compressor stops cycling.