Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Acura TSX 6 Speed Trans fluid

Old 03-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Acura TSX 6 Speed Trans fluid

Acura wants to sell a 'special' trans fluid. I have some amsoil syncromesh in the garage, from basic research, some of the TSX guys switched to this with no problems. Anyone else have suggestions/feedback on this?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:34 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default Re: Acura TSX 6 Speed Trans fluid

I did it in one of my gsr's and it worked GREAT! But then again its not a tsx
Old 03-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n

Just get the Honda MTF last time I got some I think it was $7/quart
Old 03-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

Al_P has disabled reputation

You will never see a difference between the two. I prefer oem Honda, but i am bit ocd.

If you keep your car past 150k you may actually extend its life and benefit from that extra 30 bucks(?ballpark) spent on Amsoil... but i am wiling to bet that much like many other drivers you'll trade the car for some other in a few years. To me the extra cost is not justified when its almost guaranteed YOU will never see/feel the benefit during your ownership experience.

I just did my CL S clutch with MTF and its better then ever, at nearly 160k i cant ask for better shifting.

Last edited by Al_P; 03-27-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Registered member

ccrtech has disabled reputation

Honda MTF and Acura MTF is glorified 10w30 motor oil, don't waste the money on the overpriced motor oil any of the fluids will protect the tranny the same
Old 03-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The Amsoil will work fine, so will Honda fluid. If there is special fluid recommended for that car, it's usually because it needs a specific blend of friction modifiers for best synchro performance if you want it to shift perfectly smooth. That's not to say you can't use a different fluid, it just might not have exactly the same shift feel as it did from the factory. Any decent quality trans fluid will protect the gear cluster and bearings just fine though. I've used Amsoil in pretty much everything I've owned and it works great, but it didn't necessarily have the same shift feel after switching. I like synthetic stuff.