Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ACCESSPORT related question

Old 05-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts
Default ACCESSPORT related question

10wrx

I installed this today, i noticed every map says stock air filter/pipe required. I have a injen cold air installed. Is this anything to worry about due to me running a aftermarket intake ? Will it cause any damage using a aftermarket intake?

Just want to be on the safe side.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: ACCESSPORT related question

You'll need different tuning for the aftermarket intake. The WRX engines are surprisingly sensitive to aftermarket intakes, and there is nothing wrong with using one but you'll need a different tune than with the stock intake setup.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Go to this site. http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/for...23-AccessPORT&

You might have to make a account with the Cobb Forums, but they should have a MAP for the intake that you have. If not call COBB to see if they can email you the base map for your setup.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

thanks guys, btw accessport is ******* GREAT
Old 05-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Banned

stage 2 map max psi is supposed to be 15 but im running around 18, could this be because of the injen intake? but i called cobb there not coming out with a map for injen intakes anytime soon.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by twinturbomeow
stage 2 map max psi is supposed to be 15 but im running around 18, could this be because of the injen intake? but i called cobb there not coming out with a map for injen intakes anytime soon.
You can get a custom tune with an Accessport. You aren't limited to the pre-made maps that Cobb offers.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You can get a custom tune with an Accessport. You aren't limited to the pre-made maps that Cobb offers.
This is what I would suggest. Over the shelf maps are bad juju IMO. Iv seen more than a couple "stage 2" STIs pop motors with less than 100k miles and there were all on OTS AP maps.

My suggestion, have your AP protuned or sell it, buy a Utec, and take the car to All Aspects. The info is in my signature.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Banned

thanks alot u guys, so instead of throwing the oem intake on i decided to upload cobb stage2 map with AEM intake at 18 psi, which it was running with the injen intake i have on. but cars running ALOT better now !!!

Last edited by twinturbomeow; 05-20-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Racetracks

If the Injen and AEM are similar in design, etc., they should be close enough for any tune that isn't on the ragged edge of safety.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Banned

only difference was that the aem had a longer filter but i got ridiculous gains compared to the stage2 map with oem intake. but i was thinking of getting a quieter exhaust, any recommendations? I heard spt is great for street use, is a lil pricey tho. thoughts?