Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

acceleration needed

Old 04-19-2004, 12:41 PM
RR Productions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VASlim23435 has disabled reputation
Default acceleration needed

I currently own a 94' Honda Del Sol S model with the D15B7 1.5 16VSOHC engine....can't afford a swap or turbo right now but want better torque and acceleration throughout the powerband especially in the 2-4xrpm range....what can be done?
Old 04-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Cut,it,out

VTFrontier
Default Re: acceleration needed

crash it into a lake/tree and get something with better acceleration
Old 04-19-2004, 01:49 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by VT240
crash it into a lake/tree and get something with better acceleration

I'd say get h/i/e.. but i put that on my prelude and didnt feel a thing. go honda.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Turbo? whats that

SolarEclipse is an unknown quantity at this point

seriously if you want acceleration your gonna have to get rid of the D series motor and do the swap. with all the money you put in to it to make it faster you could just buy the swap and still be faster then if you put the money into the D series. Plus DOHC kicks ass
Old 04-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Zen
Registered Member

Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen

cheapest way i can think of more power is nitrous if you can't afford a swap or turbo..
Old 04-19-2004, 07:59 PM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert

Originally Posted by poizensol
cheapest way i can think of more power is nitrous if you can't afford a swap or turbo..
Old 04-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Cruising @ 8000ft

hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Now listen up...D series motors can be fast. Real fast. Take the money you were going to do the swap with and buy a whole crap load of little goodies with it. You can get a decent turbo kit for around 1500 from Greddy...or you can buy individual parts yourself. I think your money is better spent on a turbo and a whole bunch of other parts rather than an entirely new engine. Read this post and make up your own mind. -----> http://d-series.org/viewtopic.php?t=...ighlight=300hp
Old 04-19-2004, 09:53 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by hatch77
Now listen up...D series motors can be fast. Real fast. Take the money you were going to do the swap with and buy a whole crap load of little goodies with it. You can get a decent turbo kit for around 1500 from Greddy...or you can buy individual parts yourself. I think your money is better spent on a turbo and a whole bunch of other parts rather than an entirely new engine. Read this post and make up your own mind. -----> http://d-series.org/viewtopic.php?t=...ighlight=300hp
whats your definition of "real fast"?
Old 04-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex

Originally Posted by VASlim23435
I currently own a 94' Honda Del Sol S model with the D15B7 1.5 16VSOHC engine....can't afford a swap or turbo right now but want better torque and acceleration throughout the powerband especially in the 2-4xrpm range....what can be done?
yeah turbo would help the car and make some good torque. but if you want to go fast for no money strip that bitch and give it a diet.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam

Swap out and get an Si/EX tranny too. It makes a HUGE difference.

Quick Reply: acceleration needed