Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ac trouble anyone know what's going on?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM11893 has disabled reputation
Default ac trouble anyone know what's going on?

I just recently bought a 99 dx hatch that did not come stock with ac. I got the evaporator compressor and condenser all out of a 95 civic sedan. The dryer and a small wiring harness that hooks up to the compressor dryer and the condenser which has a ground off a 99 civic ex. Everything plugged right up but only the evaporator turns on. I also put all relays and the diode fuses in the engine bay but the compressor and condenser still don't engage does anyone know where I went wrong or what I'm missing?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered member

SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC
Default Re: ac trouble anyone know what's going on?

make sure the ground is on bare clean metal, multimeter to see if its getting power? is there a fuse by any chance for this?
Old 07-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Grab a factory manual and see if you're missing any connections.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Is the A/C pumps clutch kicking in? I assume that it is not one thing might be that there is no refrigerant in the system preventing it from kicking in. Now I only say this because that is the issue with my truck.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by JDM11893
I just recently bought a 99 dx hatch that did not come stock with ac. I got the evaporator compressor and condenser all out of a 95 civic sedan. The dryer and a small wiring harness that hooks up to the compressor dryer and the condenser which has a ground off a 99 civic ex. Everything plugged right up but only the evaporator turns on. I also put all relays and the diode fuses in the engine bay but the compressor and condenser still don't engage does anyone know where I went wrong or what I'm missing?
How does a condenser and dryer turn on? Did you fill it up with freon? Then it's all computer controlled did it come from the factory without a/c. If so that's your problem the computer isn't gonna kick the compressor on.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Registered member

JDM11893 has disabled reputation

So I need to get a different ecu?
Old 07-23-2011, 06:23 AM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

I was under the impression that the button on the climate control turned the compressor on. The only thing the ecu controls is the throttle % shutoff or the rpm shutoff so it doesn't trash the clutch in the compressor. But I could be wrong on this.