Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ABS help and information.....

Old 07-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Ohhh Snap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez
Default ABS help and information.....

My mom's abs hydraulic control unit went out on her van (99 ford windstar)the other day and I was going to replace it with one from a junk yard (seeing how its a 935.00 part)

I started doing a little research trying to find price's and all that then discovered that the new ABS Module Control Unit will need to be updated to the vehicle.

Now my question is if i grab one from the same year van will it needs to be updated with a scan tool?? I also read that it takes about 10 miles for the ABS unit to start,well learning the strategy of braking all over again,so that kinda makes it sounds like it would'nt need to be sync'd to a scan tool.

All and all if anyone has ever replaced one from a junk yard or a used parts store,have they ever had any problems with it or is this basically a shop only install because of the electric equipment needed?
Old 07-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axel kain has disabled reputation
Default Re: ABS help and information.....

wouldnt be surprised if you would have to bleed it using a scan tool. to cycle the passages, and resivoirs inside the pump.