Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

99 Honda Civic Check Engine Light

Old 02-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default 99 Honda Civic Check Engine Light

My civic's check engine light came on last night while racing a Ford Lighting, i tap rev limited at the top of 4th and thats when it came on and still hasnt went off. Im thinking so the car jerked a lil when i hit rev limiter that it may a jard a sensor loose or something? I went wire hunting today for it, but couldnt find anything. Car is still running perfect , no idling problems, or accerlation problems.. lights just on. Any suggestions might be helpful, thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only
Default Re: 99 Honda Civic Check Engine Light

do you know how to do the CEL test? im not sure about civics, but on my integra theres a green plug beneath the passenger side kick panel. if you jump that plug with a paper clip it will blink the code youre throwing.

here's how to do it. http://www.hondahookup.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=115614

good luck
Old 02-12-2007, 01:05 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

search it. there are millions of CEL threads
Old 02-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

well earlier today, everything was running fine. i got on it a lil and rev limiter was kicking in at 5k, in every gear............now its fine, but still the Check engine light is on.....sooo im kinda lost
Old 02-12-2007, 07:57 PM
CTR
ACCOUNTANT

CTR has disabled reputation

honestly, to get rid of the light, youd probably just need to take off the negitive battery cable for a couple of mins and that would take care of the light and the LIMP mode you are in.

but i think it would be in your best interest to check what code your throwing. b/c it could be important.

do the check yourself with the link posted above or take it to advance auto parts or autozone, they have a scanner and will check it for free.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:10 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by CTR
honestly, to get rid of the light, youd probably just need to take off the negitive battery cable for a couple of mins and that would take care of the light and the LIMP mode you are in.

but i think it would be in your best interest to check what code your throwing. b/c it could be important.

do the check yourself with the link posted above or take it to advance auto parts or autozone, they have a scanner and will check it for free.

thanks for info, i will give it a shot..
Old 02-13-2007, 05:53 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

you can also just unplug the ecu.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:00 AM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cleanEK
thanks for info, i will give it a shot..
you're drunk.

drivin' crazy next to me earlier.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by KyleVA
you're drunk.

drivin' crazy next to me earlier.
rain + bald tires = spin lol
Old 02-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by CTR

Unplugging the neg. battery termal did the trick. Im goign to still get a scan tool hooked up to see what exactly it was though

Quick Reply: 99 Honda Civic Check Engine Light