Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

99.5 jetta locking issues

Old 12-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c_elliott1983 has disabled reputation
Default 99.5 jetta locking issues

I have a 99.5 jetta gls 2.0 and im having some issues with the door locks.

Here are my problems.

1. Drivers side switch doesnt lock the drivers door, but passenger side switch does. (The drivers door has to be shut before it will work.)

2. Most of the time when i stick the key in the door to lock it it doesnt work. Key turns but nothing

3. Other times like lastnight i turned the key to unlock and the alarm armed it self. I had to pop the trunk to disarm. (No i wasnt turning the key the wrong way.)

4. Whenever either front door is opened none of the lights come on. The int lights only come on when the back doors are open.

5. Key fob doesnt seem to work ive replaced the batteries and nothing. I dont know if this could be because the issues above or it just doesnt work at all.

Ive had the car a week and its great besides above and other little issues. That are being fixed day by day.

I was told to check fuses which i will this evening. I figure blown or good. Didnt think there was a in between.

Im looking for suggestions. Dont wanna hear jettas are junk and that sort of crap. Keep negs to yourself please