Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

98 GSX

Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of
Default 98 GSX

Can i fit a lancer motor in my 98 Eclipse GSX with everything still bolting up.
If not then whats a reconmindation on a motor.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue
Default Re: 98 GSX

wtf? Put another gsx motor in.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Like a new lancer? As in evo? No.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Like a new lancer? As in evo? No.
any recom.?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:21 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Pyscolilboy17
Can i fit a lancer motor in my 98 Eclipse GSX with everything still bolting up.
If not then whats a reconmindation on a motor.
I have a recommendation: pull your motor, and choke yourself to death with your timing belt. If you seriously cannot figure out how to make power out of a 4g63 you probably deserve it.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Newbsauce
I have a recommendation: pull your motor, and choke yourself to death with your timing belt. If you seriously cannot figure out how to make power out of a 4g63 you probably deserve it.
ok well since the 4g63 that was just in it just blew. it will be the 2nd one i have had blow up.i need a more reliable motor.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by Pyscolilboy17
ok well since the 4g63 that was just in it just blew. it will be the 2nd one i have had blow up.i need a more reliable motor.
It could be due to a bunch of reasons why it has blown up on you. Lack of maintenance, daily beatings, misshifts...etc.

My advice, just do a 6-bolt swap (1g motor) and be done with it. Or you can buy my 98 Tsi motor
Old 04-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

listen to these guys seriously! 1g motor will do fine but you need to tell us what aftermarket parts your using and how much boost your running and ect. so we can assist you.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
It could be due to a bunch of reasons why it has blown up on you. Lack of maintenance, daily beatings, misshifts...etc.

My advice, just do a 6-bolt swap (1g motor) and be done with it. Or you can buy my 98 Tsi motor
how much you think it would be for a 1st gen block and to build it from the ground up? how much modifacation would it take to put it in.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo
listen to these guys seriously! 1g motor will do fine but you need to tell us what aftermarket parts your using and how much boost your running and ect. so we can assist you.
as fars as boost is concerned im runnin 20lbs at 7000rpms. (not 70000) sorry
i dont know what aftermarkets parts i have.
anything else you need to know?

Last edited by Pyscolilboy17; 04-07-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: 98 GSX