Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

98 civic ex w/ b16a obd1 cranks but does not start

Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1
Default 98 civic ex w/ b16a obd1 cranks but does not start

the car was running until the other night i had to sit in traffic because of a accident and the car just died after i started it up for a min, now it wont start. its not getting any spark and the fuel pump dosent come on in KOEO position. i swapped out the main relay and that did me no good, i also checked the pins on the obd2a-obd1 jumper harness. could the tps cause me not to start at all? thats the only sensor thats bad other than the o2 sensor not being hooked up (the only two codes it was throwing before this happened)?
Old 04-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

jaydm7182 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 98 civic ex w/ b16a obd1 cranks but does not start

the distributors are notorious for going up on hondas, (its usually the ignition module ) but your just better off just replacing the whole thing, price wise.

now for the fuel pump. 2 things just dont go up at once. its very rare
it might be kicking on , ur prob. just arnt hearing it.

i had that problem once. just check the ground wire at the fuel pump,
Old 04-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered member

emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1
Default Re: 98 civic ex w/ b16a obd1 cranks but does not start

thanks for the help.
the dizzy is brand new w/ 2 year warrenty both cap and rotor are oem honda.
but i found the problem on the driver side shock tower harness clip had corrosion on the terminals, and the main (black and yellow) wire was working its way out of the connector.