Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

97 jimmy with a 4.3 problems.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default 97 jimmy with a 4.3 problems.

I am having a problem with my jimmy when you drive it 10-15 min or so. At 3/4 to WOT it boggs down really bad. And the more you run it the worse it gets. The funny thing is if it starts to act up and you pull over and cut it off and let it sit for 2-3 min it will start right up and act like nothing ever was wrong and run fine for 10 min or so. I started out thinking it was a fuel problem because these things are known for the CPI's to go bad and it DOES NOT have a SES light on.So I replaced the fuel filter and the CPI unit and still the same fucking problem.Also about 2 mo. ago the fuel pump went out in it so that was replaced also with a new unit. Also we hooked it to a diag computer and everything is showing a ok. I am lost with this fucking thing. Also I checked the MAF and it checked out ok and I replaced the map sensor and still not fixed. Any help would be great!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:38 PM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O
Default Re: 97 jimmy with a 4.3 problems.

I remember reading someone having the same problems on http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/

if you can't get a quick answer here...look over there. Also, you'll find other good shit over there for your jimmy.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by Jimmie
I remember reading someone having the same problems on http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/

if you can't get a quick answer here...look over there. Also, you'll find other good shit over there for your jimmy.
Thanks!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough

Bad plugs and wires can do weird things. I would replace those with a good set, not the cheapest you can find. Many times, OEM is far superior to alot of aftermarket because they are designed to last 100kmiles. About the only thing GM doesnt skimp on.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

oxidejunky has disabled reputation

were did you get the new fuel pump? Have you took the scanner for a ride to record the data while the vehicle fucks up?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:41 AM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O

found anything on this?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:49 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

My guess? Collapsing fuel line. . . does it have an in tank pump? Has it sat for a long period of time?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Shortbus never came.

HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway

How many mile are on your motor? Sounds like you are having a similar problem to what I had to go through with my 96 Blazer. I had to replace my EGR valve because it wouldnt hold an idle, I had to pop in neutral and rev the engine above idle RPMs.

Try the EGR valve. If it doesnt fix it, it needed replacing anyway.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

93hatch has disabled reputation

hook it up to a scanner. check and see if the timing is retarding when it bogs down.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:57 AM
-RepLegion

Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc

How much gas is in the tank? Did you install a new pick up, in the right direction, and so it would stay on? Are the fuel RTN and vapor lines hooked up right and tight?
Just a few ideas.