Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

97 jetta injectors will not spray

Old 12-29-2011, 11:39 AM
i sold the world

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xstretchedx xstretchedx xstretchedx xstretchedx xstretchedx xstretchedx xstretchedx xstretchedx xstretchedx xstretchedx xstretchedx
Default 97 jetta injectors will not spray

hey guys i have a 97 jette gt 2.0 and for some reason the injectors will not spray. The car starts fine if we spray fuel into the intake. There is uel to the rail and good spark. when i check the injector plug with a 12v light its is steady when trying to start the car (open circuit). the car started great when i got it and we changed the clutch when we put the tranny back on the car started but it ran like shitand you had to keep you foot on the gas to keap it alive (not running on all four i guess). not it will not start unless you spray gas in it. o btw when we started it and it ran shitty it ran out of gas. And yes we refilled it to full.
we have replaced
fuel pump
fuel filter
plugs and wires
cap
rotor
presure reg
tps sensor
throttle body
can anyone please help
Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

gameoverr96 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 97 jetta injectors will not spray

first off is your check engine light on? if so try and pull some codes... also injectors will have power at all times and the ECU applys the ground for the injectors to spray and it happens in milliseconds so you may not see a test light flashing... check to see if you pinched some of your ECU wires while reinstalling the tranny
Old 12-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 97 jetta injectors will not spray

Yeah, you're not going to get any useful information from a test light. They're really only marginally useful for testing why taillights don't work or why you can't light a cig anymore.