Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

97' Honda Del Sol Overheating?

Old 12-01-2009, 10:00 PM
HATE USERNAME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM SOL is a jewel in the roughJDM SOL is a jewel in the roughJDM SOL is a jewel in the roughJDM SOL is a jewel in the roughJDM SOL is a jewel in the rough
Default close this thread please

close

Last edited by JDM SOL; 12-03-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:08 AM
i love meth

lowandslowmazda has a reputation beyond reputelowandslowmazda has a reputation beyond reputelowandslowmazda has a reputation beyond reputelowandslowmazda has a reputation beyond reputelowandslowmazda has a reputation beyond reputelowandslowmazda has a reputation beyond reputelowandslowmazda has a reputation beyond reputelowandslowmazda has a reputation beyond reputelowandslowmazda has a reputation beyond reputelowandslowmazda has a reputation beyond reputelowandslowmazda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 97' Honda Del Sol Overheating?

u got a leak? maybe head gaskets blown?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

fan not cutting on, head gasket, leak in a hose or the system needs to be burped are the only things left i believe. if you got the thermostat from anywhere but honda there known to be bad straight out of the box. try to exchange it
Old 12-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Registered Member

gsrhach has disabled reputation

does the car overheat all the time? or just while sitting ? could be your radiator fan not kicking on . other than that if you have no smoke or antifreeze in your oil . then get a new water pump . alsoo do a leak down test and compression test while your at it
Old 12-02-2009, 07:21 AM
HATE USERNAME

JDM SOL is a jewel in the roughJDM SOL is a jewel in the roughJDM SOL is a jewel in the roughJDM SOL is a jewel in the roughJDM SOL is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lowandslowmazda
u got a leak? maybe head gaskets blown?
There is a tiny hole in my bottom radiator hose but it is covered with the clamp and that wouldn't cause it to overheat. and i hope the head gasket isn't blown.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Mindless is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
if you got the thermostat from anywhere but honda there known to be bad straight out of the box. try to exchange it
Yup. Happened to me 3x's in a row.

Get an OEM tstat, burp the system good, and make sure you fan is cutting on.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:25 AM
HATE USERNAME

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
fan not cutting on, head gasket, leak in a hose or the system needs to be burped are the only things left i believe. if you got the thermostat from anywhere but honda there known to be bad straight out of the box. try to exchange it
Fan does not cut on, again hope head gasket is not blown. and like i said previously there is a tiny hole in the bottom radiator hose but is coverd by the clamp and is in the block so that would not cause it to overheat. i have already burped the system and i did get the thermostat from auto zone because i did not want to pay $84 dollars, i paid $22.

Originally Posted by gsrhach
does the car overheat all the time? or just while sitting ? could be your radiator fan not kicking on . other than that if you have no smoke or antifreeze in your oil . then get a new water pump . alsoo do a leak down test and compression test while your at it
I let the car idle and it does not overheat. I take it for a drive and then it overheats and sometimes like goes up and down like it's teasing me. radiator fan does not come on at all, never did even before the overheating problem. i will try getting a new water pump and a leak test. as well as the compression test.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:26 AM
HATE USERNAME

OH, AND I FORGOT TO MENTION. IT IS A DEL SOL WITH A B20B4.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

It's going to catch on fire and you will die in that fire.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:43 AM
HATE USERNAME

Originally Posted by Dirk Dickbutt
It's going to catch on fire and you will die in that fire.
i was thinking that as well.

Quick Reply: 97' Honda Del Sol Overheating?