Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

97 Eclipse

Old 04-09-2009, 06:06 AM
Koonjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these parts
Default 97 Eclipse

Anyone out there familiar with Mitsubishis, a 97 Eclipse to be particular.. i need some mechanical assistance
Old 04-09-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm a WHORE

HunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud of
Default Re: 97 Eclipse

DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Koonjob

Xero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these partsXero is infamous around these parts

well,,, it was running the other day,, now it won't start. i just had a new timing belt, alternator/compressor belt, water pump and head gasket put on... it cranks and cranks, won't start. i'm thinking maybe distributor / coil? i'm no mechanic here, i just need someone who wouldn't mind takin a little bit of time to help me,,, i can compensate for time... but i'm strapped for cash, so i can't pay you rediculous amounts of money

Also needs a throttle position sensor, idle air controller,,, i have the IAC just haven't replaced it
Old 04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Beer or Gasoline?

Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214 Antonyj1214

Make sure the crankshaft posistion sensor is in and also the camshaft posistion sensor because with out them the motor wont start. Also could be the ECU.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Koonjob

you know what, that's a funny thing to say, because i replaced that before.. and i think the jackass installed it incorrectly,,, does the connector face the top or bottom of the engine?
Old 04-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Koonjob

if it was put in WRONG, it was still starting, maybe it just shit out?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Check the timing belt tensioner. The fact that the belt was replaced recently makes me suspicious that the timing belt may have skipped a few teeth.

Are you talking about the ECU? You can completely unplug the ECU and the car will still crank, it just won't run.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Koonjob

No, The Crank Position Sensor, it fits both ways,, but i am sure that it will be off depending on where it's installed..
Old 04-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

wierdguy75 has disabled reputation

Both the crank sensors and camshaft sensors have to be on correctly, but if it was running good after you had all the work on it i doubt its any of those. May be a fuel pump or an ignition coil or your iac motor. Throw that bad boy on and give us an update.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Koonjob

well,,,i had the timing belt, belts, water pump, and head gasket all at once... i replaced the camshaft sensor,,, and it ran like shit, wouldn't stay running, ended up just cutting off at times....

Quick Reply: 97 Eclipse