Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

97 civic clutch adjustment

Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt
Default 97 civic clutch adjustment

hey everyone,

now i have read and read and read on this topic and have looked at my manual like 100 times and im still confused
i have a brand new exedy oem replacement clutch in my b16a2 swap and the clutch is catching high, i understand that it can be adjusted by the push rod but do i need to turn it in towards the firewall or towards the inside of the car for it to grab closer to the floor, and yes i have bleed it tons and made absolutely sure there is no air in the line
Old 07-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 97 civic clutch adjustment

Think of which way the rod moves in the pedal yolk when you turn the rod either direction. Now imagine the rod stays still when you turn it, and the pedal moves in or out on the end of the rod. That should be everything you need to know.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-10-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt
Default Re: 97 civic clutch adjustment

perfect thank you