Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

96 integra ls automatic

Old 05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickslck8 has disabled reputation
Default 96 integra ls automatic

Ok so I drove to work this morning everything was fine I got out of work and got in my car and pulled off it accelerated so slow it took about 2or 3 seconds to start going. Once it got to about 20 mph everythingwas good interstate driving was good I drive the car in d4 daily and don't abuse it at all I kno the car has a slight exhaust leak but could that be the problem. When I put the car in just 1st tear it accelerates fine but as soon as I put it in d4 and try to accelerate from a stop it does the same thing help me please
Old 05-21-2011, 04:10 AM
Registered member

jdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 96 integra ls automatic

need more info, did you check the fluid in it? you check it right after you turn it off
Old 05-21-2011, 05:02 AM
Lemonparty.org

CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09

Originally Posted by nickslck8
Ok so I drove to work this morning everything was fine I got out of work and got in my car and pulled off it accelerated so slow it took about 2or 3 seconds to start going. Once it got to about 20 mph everythingwas good interstate driving was good I drive the car in d4 daily and don't abuse it at all I kno the car has a slight exhaust leak but could that be the problem. When I put the car in just 1st tear it accelerates fine but as soon as I put it in d4 and try to accelerate from a stop it does the same thing help me please
is the car not shifting?I had a similar problem in an old car of mine...the shift solenoid was bad in mine.also Ive heard timing being off can make it seem like its the tranny misbehaving

Originally Posted by jdm jim
need more info, did you check the fluid in it? you check it right after you turn it off
you do know you check auto tranny fluid while its running in Neutral
Old 05-21-2011, 05:31 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Yes. It's the exhaust. Replace the muffler bearings and you should be good.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Lemonparty.org

CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Yes. It's the exhaust. Replace the muffler bearings and you should be good.
o shit I forgot all about those man...op what he said it should clear your problem rite up...big als has a sale going on rite now for them...run in and check it out
Old 05-26-2011, 04:07 AM
Registered Member

nickslck8 has disabled reputation

Ok so itstarted working fine out of nowhere then it rained really bad and started doin the same thing now I'm really confused
Old 05-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Probably a cracked ignition coil.