Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

96 civic turbo

Old 12-13-2005, 01:41 PM
I drive a coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)
Default 96 civic turbo

Hey I just got a 96 civic ex and I am in the process of boosting. The only thing I am not sure about is the mass air flow sensor... Do I need to dremel a hole in my charge pipe or somethin and then seal around the sensor with some kind of epoxy? Also, how hot is the air near the TB? I know it gets hot close to the turbo but cools down significantly after the intercooler. But I am not sure how hot it actually is when it gets to the point where the mass air flow sensor would be. I dont think a melted MAFS would do me any good...
Thanks for the help.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:44 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic
Default Re: 96 civic turbo

that is not a mass air flow sensor, it is intake temp.

hondas use map sensors, manifold-air-pressure
Old 12-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

Ej8D16y8-T is an unknown quantity at this point

what he said
Old 12-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Registered member

Randy@FMS is on a distinguished road

Im taking its a SOHC?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:11 PM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

it is completely stock right now. Just a d16y8. I was told it was a mass air flow sensor. Whatever it is... Will I need to dremel into my charge pipe for it?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:37 AM
I drive a coupe

Never mind. I am just going to figure it out on my own. I will drill a hole and seal it with some jb or somethin.. Thanks for those who replied.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

hondas have map sensors..as the guy above said before......im not sure how to put it on turbo applications..........im just a n/a guy....for now
Old 12-14-2005, 02:51 PM
I drive a coupe

I know hondas had an IAT sensor on the IM with OBD1. I guess they changed that over when they converted to OBD2 so I assumed it was a MAFS because it looked odd sticking out of the intake tube and I wasnt sure what purpose it served. I am assuming that there is no IAT on the y8 IM. If that is the case then I will definately need to make a hole in my piping for the sensor... That sucks...
Old 12-14-2005, 02:58 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Hatch Man(GsR)
Never mind. I am just going to figure it out on my own. I will drill a hole and seal it with some jb or somethin.. Thanks for those who replied.
oh man.

let's try this one more time:

your car is not mass air. you will not need to dremel anything on your charge pipes for any sensors. the only thing on your charge pipes would be a blow off valve.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:06 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

i dont think you have researched enough to be "boosting" anything