Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 integra gsr Axle removal/Swap

Old 10-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ElChicho has disabled reputation
95 integra gsr Axle removal/Swap

Tomorrow is the day i do my first engine swap its a B16a2 into a GSR shell. Got and engine lift coming in, and have a medium size tool bag (Will buy as needed). Couldn't find any instructions on how to do it on yahoo but i know i can pull it off! Only issue now is, I was told its hard to remove the axles. So, is Pulling the axles from the tranny necessary to pull engine out from one teg to another? If so, can i get some instructions on how to do it right?

Also anything important i have to now before i start the swap? Thanks for the help!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: 95 integra gsr Axle removal/Swap

Anybody?
Old 10-25-2009, 06:44 AM
Registered Member

D5M4L1FE has disabled reputation

you always have to remove axles when pullin ur engine out. I always remove the tps sensor as well when pullin the engine out . Its also easy to pull the motor out wired up if you unplug it from both strut towers. Do u know how to remove the axles.?
Old 10-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by D5M4L1FE
you always have to remove axles when pullin ur engine out. I always remove the tps sensor as well when pullin the engine out . Its also easy to pull the motor out wired up if you unplug it from both strut towers. Do u know how to remove the axles.?
Yes im unplugging the harness from the harness around the strut tower, that should eliminate some work. I don't know how to remove the axles.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:43 AM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

I suggest letting someone else do the motor swap if you arent able to pull the axles. But to be the nice guy i am, ill tell you. Leaving the wheels on, you need to break the hub nut off. You may need to unstake the nut. Part of the top of the nut will be bent into the nut to prevent it from spinning off. You will need to use a punch or something to bend it back out so you can get it off. Now take off your wheels. Then you need to undo the strut fork nuts so you can swing the strut assembly and pull the axle from the hub. Then you can pull/pry the axle from the transmission. They are usually hard to pull from the transmission and that might be the reason why you heard they were hard to do.

Last edited by bumada; 10-25-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 AM
fuck this shit

grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn

whatever you do, try to keep the block and tranny connected. this will make it 10x easier to swap. trying to align tranny with block can suck balls....

to remove axles, lift car, support on jack stands, remove wheels, remove 32mm axle nut. impact wrench works great here. remove the upper and lower ball joint cotter pins, and the 2 17mm nuts. remove the 14mm brake hose to the caliper. start hitting shit til everything breaks loose. swing the hub out of the way, and you can even lift it out of the car to make more space.

next, take pry bar, wedge between axle cup and half shaft on driver side. start pulling. if that doesn't work, cut the inner boot, and prepare to get dirty, but clamp some vice grips over the cup, and hit repeatedly with a hammer.

on the passenger side, you should be able to use either technique above.

hope this helped.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

brandon.beene can only hope to improve

Dude, if u can't remove the axles then u deffinatly shouldn't be doing a swap... Its by far the easiest thing I have ever done in my life. My sister can do that shit, so I'm sure it will be easy for you. Have confidance in yourself and if anything get a helms book.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

SmokeCRX has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by brandon.beene
Dude, if u can't remove the axles then u deffinatly shouldn't be doing a swap... Its by far the easiest thing I have ever done in my life. My sister can do that shit, so I'm sure it will be easy for you. Have confidance in yourself and if anything get a helms book.
X2...."Aint nothin to it...but to do it!"