Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 coupe starts but dies imediatly

Old 01-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobbyspradlin89 has disabled reputation
Default 95 coupe starts but dies imediatly

ok i have a 1995 honda civic coupe and i recently swaped it with a b18c5 itr and when i pulled the engine out of my 93 hatch it was runing perfect but now it will start but die. i messed with the idle screw and now it will idle fine but if u even touch the gas any it will cut straight off any ideas please help! thanx for the advice.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 95 coupe starts but dies imediatly

Don't mess with the idle screw. You've taken a known-running engine out of one car, and put it into an identical car but it's having problems now. Therefore you've messed something up during the install like connectors to the wrong sensors, or you've damaged a sensor or part of the wiring harness. If everything was done properly during the swap without anything being wrong or damaged, you would have no reason to mess with an idle screw or anything else.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Registered Member

i left the whole engine harness pluged up so theresno way i crossed upany sensors. but ima check the harness today to see if any wires got ripped on the back side or if any came unpluged.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:30 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

So it starts but then dies, Or now it is completly dead? Does it Idle out or turn over then just die?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:54 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

the car running but dying when you touch the gas sounds like a sensor issue, check to make sure none were broken, especially on the backside on the intake manifold, or it could be a massive vacuum leak, check to make sure all your lines are connected...
Old 01-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

no sensors are broke all vaccume lines are hooked up sooo is there anything ese it could be please say there is cuz im stumped
Old 01-09-2011, 09:05 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

my money is on a cracked iacv or tps sensor, because the slightest bump will crack them and/or throw the calibration off.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Built iT

Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore

i would check the map sensor, some of the 93 cars had the map sensor mounted on the firewall which means that the connector was on the chasis harness and not the engine harness, and the itr has it on the engine harness, just a thought let me know if this helps!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Jdmhore
i would check the map sensor, some of the 93 cars had the map sensor mounted on the firewall which means that the connector was on the chasis harness and not the engine harness, and the itr has it on the engine harness, just a thought let me know if this helps!
There was an ITR engine in the 93 hatch. The ITR MAP sensor is on the intake manifold of the ITR engine.

That same engine is now in a 95 coupe. Where do you think the MAP sensor is?
Old 01-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Built iT

Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore Jdmhore

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
There was an ITR engine in the 93 hatch. The ITR MAP sensor is on the intake manifold of the ITR engine.

That same engine is now in a 95 coupe. Where do you think the MAP sensor is?
The location of the MAP sensor is not in question. It is the wiring! If the chasis in question (95 civic) previously from factory had the MAP sensor mounted on the firewall then u r gonna have to re-route the wiring from the firewall mounted MAP sensor and plug it into the Throttle body mounted MAP! Do u understand now?

Quick Reply: 95 coupe starts but dies imediatly