Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 civic keeps dieing after I come to a stop

Old 06-16-2005, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loco4G63T has disabled reputation
Default 95 civic keeps dieing after I come to a stop

When I 1st start my car to go out she runs ok for about 15 mins, than when I get to a stop light and start hitting the breaks she idles down and cuts off. She usually dies even before i stop. Is this a symptom of the tps or ips going bad or what? Thanks n advance for any help.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:06 AM
f yo couch

Gman757 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 95 civic keeps dieing after I come to a stop

How long has it been doing that? Did it do that before? Did you mess with your throttle cable or anything on the throttle body? Is al lthe sensors plugged up?
Old 06-16-2005, 10:15 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Unplug the IAC while its at idle. It should try to die. If it doesn't, find a new one and replace it. Also, try adjusting the idle screw on the throttle body.

Good luck!
Old 06-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Also try removing the IAC and seeing how much black gunk is on the bypass screen. This can really stop the air from flowing like it's supposed to. This could be something as simple as the coolant temp sensor going bad also; the fact that it's only doing it when the car warms up for 15 mins narrows down the possible suspects a bit. If you find something wrong, and do something to fix it, reset your ECU so it starts from scratch with the problem fixed.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:00 AM

Loco4G63T has disabled reputation

The IAC is the sensor on the side of the throttle body right? My car has recently started to do this since I started commuting to west point to work. When I unplug that side sensor on the throttle body the motor dies immediately. If the IAC is the one at the top than I haven't tried that yet. Thanks so far for the advice, but which is which? I only paid $200 for this car and I don't wanna spend too much more money since I am about to drop my b18, I just need her too last me until I finish my eclipse. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:36 AM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

yep, thats it on the side. Hell, you can probably go to a junk yard and find another one, get it cleaned up, and install it for less than $20.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I don't know about your car, but B16s have the IACV on the back of the intake manifold, so make sure you're unplugging the right thing. You may be unplugging the throttle position sensor (TPS), or the MAP sensor. The IACV won't kill the engine, it will just make it idle really lumpy. The TPS or MAP would make the car shut off though. Grab a manual and start figuring out what you're doing, blindly unplugging stuff is a useless way to troubleshoot stuff unless you know what you're unplugging.