Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 civic engine swap

Old 03-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlessTheMartyr has disabled reputation
Default 95 civic engine swap

I currently have a 95 civic ex with the original transmission and a new D15b motor. I'm not too sure about the whole cable to hydraulic, LSD tranny thing. I am wanting to get a B16A G2 With 5-Speed hydraulic tranny - complete change over. This one. I was wondering if I would need to get anything else, like any of the Hasport kits (which I am not sure what are for). Or could I just order this and it would be a clean swap out?
Old 03-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Str8EJ has disabled reputation
Default Re: 95 civic engine swap

you don't need to convert cable to hydraulic, because your car is already set up for a hydraulic transmission.
most integra mounts will work, so you don't need boutique billet stuff.
you do need a bunch of other little things.
shift linkage, axles, exhaust manifold, blah, blah, blah.
clutch, timing belt, water pump, etc.

you should dig through some archives online. the kind that really get in to the specifics of the swap. begin by getting a real good understanding of the process.

speak with the shop you're buying the changeover from and ask them in detail what all is included. reference that against what you learn by doing a bit-o-research - you'll find lots of detailed posts on this forum with shopping lists for everything involved.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

BlessTheMartyr has disabled reputation

Know any shops in Virginia Beach/Chesapeake area that will do the swap? I can talk to them about it. Maybe get some information from them.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Currently N/A

EvolutionBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point

pmed
Old 03-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

skott is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Str8EJ
you don't need to convert cable to hydraulic, because your car is already set up for a hydraulic transmission.
most integra mounts will work, so you don't need boutique billet stuff.
you do need a bunch of other little things.
shift linkage, axles, exhaust manifold, blah, blah, blah.
clutch, timing belt, water pump, etc.

you should dig through some archives online. the kind that really get in to the specifics of the swap. begin by getting a real good understanding of the process.

speak with the shop you're buying the changeover from and ask them in detail what all is included. reference that against what you learn by doing a bit-o-research - you'll find lots of detailed posts on this forum with shopping lists for everything involved.

yeah but the billet has the nice stiffy stuff... I cant say I'm fond of teh inserts or mounts filled w/ window adhesive... lol... true story...
~skottie b...
Old 03-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

There are many reputable shops in the area that can do the swap with EASE. Many of the people on the site would be more than happy to do the swap for you on the side. It really isn't that hard as long as you have all of the necessary parts for the swap. Good luck with what you choose to do on it. Most of thes shops people tell you will give you great service and good turnaround time. Hope this was motivational.