Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 Civic axle question

Old 03-13-2010, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSHICK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 Civic axle question

I was swaping my upper control arms today. when I did of course the brake rotor drooped a little. My issue is now I cannot get my upper control arm back up high enough to attache it at the piller. I have a B-series swap so these are not stock axles, but is houls be the same. It looks like the boot near the trans is streched. maybe something in there is loose? Is there an easy fix or do I need to pull the axle and check the joints? HELP!!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:14 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: 95 Civic axle question

have you tried using a jack and lifting at the lower ball joint? should do the job for you.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:27 PM

yep tried that. It compressed the spring, but didn't get the control arm any closer to the mounting point no matter how hard I pushed. Are there parts in the CV joint that can come apart if the brake assembly is pulled out too far? It looks like it's still in the trans and it's definetly still in the rotor (because of the nut). I'd hate to have to rebuild a almost brnad new axle
Old 03-13-2010, 09:45 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

the cv axle has separated in the boot, you need to pull the cv axle out and pop it back together. it happened to me once and I just went ahead and got a new axle. but you can get them back together, just have to play with it a little. but like I said its easier to get it to pop back in when the axle is out.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:10 PM

I've never taken an axle out. any tips?
Old 03-13-2010, 11:55 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

yeah, unbolt it from the hub (center of brake rotor) with an impact and a 32mm socket, then take a thick screw driver or pry bar and pop it out of the trans.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

jasonarea51 has disabled reputation

if your still having this problem. i have a 97 coupe that i did a fix like that not to long ago your axle im not for certain but ima take my chances and say it's probably good the separation happens in almost all axles unless you get some high hp axles but that sounds normal, for the camber kit issue you should try mounting the control arm first i think it's just one bolt that holds it in place then try to put everything back together your gonna have a nightmare if your just trying to connect everything first and then trying to mount the control arm