Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 blazer overheatting

Old 05-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crvtt717 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 blazer overheatting

ok...a hose just broke and I replaced it. It is the hose that goes from the firewall and it is actually two hoses joined by a plastic piece that lets you unscrew it to (I guess) add coolant in. the section that broke is the section connecting to the engine. I replaced this and I bought some coolant from advance that says it mixes with any color. Anyway, I filled up coolant from the resivoir until it was halfway full. I turned on the car and checked the level of antifreeze again. It was still half full. I took it for a test run. I took it less than a quarter mile before the temp gauge got close to the red. I shut it off quick and pushed it back to my house. I am stumped. A hissing noise was coming from around the hose area and when I unsrewed the part that connected the hose I could tell there was pressure from steam. I know the motor is still good. Did I do something wrong- Everything was fine until the hose broke and I tryed to replace it.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

79jimmy454 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 95 blazer overheatting

that hose is for your heater. did you check the level of fluid in the radiator?? or just the overflow resivoir??
Old 05-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Banned

Thanks so much for your time and yes I did check the level. The fluid reaches the full line on the resivoir. So it is my heat!!! Thats why I have no heat now cause when I turned on heat to try to cool engine down the air was room temp. Anyway, after this broke I tried to fix it which I thought I did. I replaced the hose and let the car run for a few seconds with the raditor cap off to "burp" the system. It still freakin overheats!!! Any ideas....
Old 05-23-2006, 05:08 PM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Yep, its your heater core. On some vehicles, it can be a bitch to replace. Involves ripping out the dash. Good luck with it.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:29 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by crvtt717
ok...a hose just broke and I replaced it. It is the hose that goes from the firewall and it is actually two hoses joined by a plastic piece that lets you unscrew it to (I guess) add coolant in. the section that broke is the section connecting to the engine. I replaced this and I bought some coolant from advance that says it mixes with any color. Anyway, I filled up coolant from the resivoir until it was halfway full. I turned on the car and checked the level of antifreeze again. It was still half full. I took it for a test run. I took it less than a quarter mile before the temp gauge got close to the red. I shut it off quick and pushed it back to my house. I am stumped. A hissing noise was coming from around the hose area and when I unsrewed the part that connected the hose I could tell there was pressure from steam. I know the motor is still good. Did I do something wrong- Everything was fine until the hose broke and I tryed to replace it.
ok did it over heat at all before the busted hose?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Banned

no it did not overheat. but after it busted and i replaced it the temp gauge went up. I hope this isnt something serious...If it is the heater core how can i fix it or disable it?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:43 PM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

You can just cut the two hoses at the firewall and stick a coupler in between them so it just flows through that. Downside is you won't have any heat, but it is the summer time. This will keep it fixed until you have the time/money to replace it.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned

Ok, Cool-thanks for the advice everyone- I will take you up on the coupler deal and I will do it first thing tomorow- I do not know why this happened all of a sudden but what exactly do I ask for when I want to replace it...Just a heater core?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Banned

btw, the body is in great condition. What would the price be to swap a newer 4.3 vortec or a V-8 in this? My dad has 2001 Sonoma and the engines are different but it is still a 4.3 and its quick for an inexpensive truck.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:02 AM
He's like the wind

Originally Posted by crvtt717
Just a heater core?
Yep, that's it. Looks like a mini radiator.

Got this from Advance Auto website for your vehicle. They have them in stock.

Part No: 398305 Ready-Aire Heater Core
Warranty: Lifetime Limited Warranty
Price: $38.88

Quick Reply: 95 blazer overheatting