Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 Accord Started, Ran, N now Dies

Old 09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo
Exclamation 95 Accord Started, Ran, N now Dies

Hey guys! Well as the title says I have a 95 Accord. It has been sitting for about acouple months. Since i got a new car. But i replaced all that i took out of the car for my new car which were the Fuses. I got it to run First try after 2+ months of sitting. Also got a new battery and new terminals as well.

Thing is, I got it started, it ran for a good 10 or so minutes then just dies. Not an instant die/stall. It gradually died. Im thinking it could possibly be the alternator (have this die on one of my previous cars on the road, and coasted to a stop), but im not sure if its the main problem.

Ive done alittle research just now about what COULD possibly be the problem. Read that it could be the ignition switch. It could be the main relay. Sooo I dont really know which easiest/cheapest route to go. Just wanted to ask here first before i go and blow money that doesnt need to be spent and waste time going back and forth.

BTW everything has power. Like i said fresh battery.
Also thinkin maybe it could be my sparkplugs? I looked to make sure the wires were in place. n noticed that in my 3rd spark plug was a little bit of oil. It might cause it to not get a spark not sure. But i will be replacing the VCG soon. just wanted to state that if it would help.

Any help would be apprecitated with this problem. Thanks in advance
Old 09-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 95 Accord Started, Ran, N now Dies

If it's an ignition switch or main relay, and it's slowly dying, you should be able to look at the voltage on either side of the relay or switch and see if there is a problem. There are a lot of things you can test before you start blindly replacing things.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:30 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

was the battery light on? that would indicate a bad alternator...im betting money on the fuel pump...from sitting
Old 09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo pnoiboioreo

Yea the bat light was on, and I dont think it was the fuel pump. Cuz once i tried to crank it. I could smell a hint of gas.

Last edited by pnoiboioreo; 09-27-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: added info
Old 09-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

explain why you did this. doesnt make sense.

Originally Posted by pnoiboioreo
Hey guys! Well as the title says I have a 95 Accord. It has been sitting for about acouple months. Since i got a new car. But i replaced all that i took out of the car for my new car which were the Fuses. I got it to run First try after 2+ months of sitting. Also got a new battery and new terminals as well.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

^ The small fuses inside the car in the fuse box. Needed a couple just took em out then replaced them at a later date since the car has been sitting. gett it now?

but anyways figured it out. Distributor went bad. N just replaced it. Thanks for the help guys.

Mods close i guess.