Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 Accord and 97 Prelude motor?????

Old 02-05-2003, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slosvt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 Accord and 97 Prelude motor?????

The boyfriend of one of the girls I work with drives a 95 Accord. She told me that someone has offered to sell him a built 97 Prelude motor and tranny to drop in. They were told that the motor was built to take boost (up to 30lbs). It supposedly has had headwork, cams, forged internals, and the whole nine yards. The guy is selling the motor (which has never been started) because his business is going under. He has offered to sell/install the motor and any necesary fabrication that is needed for a hair under 5k. He claims to have over 10k in the motor. Is that swap even possible? and is it even worth it?

This is a situation where I dont know everything that is going on, so im just relaying the message as I was told. I mentioned this site to her in hopes that he will join and give you guys all the info you need. Thanks for helping my non-import educated ass out.

Lloyd
Old 02-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Registered member

rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166

swap would be easy. Guy sounds like he is full of shit though
Old 02-06-2003, 06:30 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

if the motor is worth what he says then 5k for the motor/install/etc... is a good deal. and yes the swap is very possible, and i believe quite common
Old 02-06-2003, 08:24 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

YES VERY COMMON, AND VERY EASY AND THE PRICE IS PLENTY RIGHT BECAUSE THAT MOTOR STOCK DROPPED INT WOULD BE AROUND FIVE GRAND ANYWAYS SO HELL YEAH A BUILT MOTOR DROPPED IN AND BOUGHT FOR THAT IS A HELL OF A DEAL
Old 02-06-2003, 11:26 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

do the math and decide if it is a good deal for yourself.

good deal on an h22 = $2500
JE Rods and pistons = $1200
Blockguard, Resleeve etc = $1000

and these prices are assuming youre doing all the work yourself. a motor capable of holding 30psi has no business without a good turbo system or a huge shot of nitrous on it. why doesnt it come with a turbo setup? also, do you need something capable of 30psi? if you do want to run 30psi for some ungodly reason, youre going to probably need a standalone system for tuning, a completely upgraded fuel system, and fyi prelude transmissions are notorious for being shitty. this motor probably has a really low compression ratio to it and its timing is probably very retarded so unless you want to boost/spray the shit out of it, why would you want it?

in other words, the motor sounds like bullshit. but if it isnt, do you need something that built? ask the guy for receipts of everything purchased and where it was installed. the swap into an accord is the same as a swap into a prelude pretty much. accords share the same motors as prelude Ses. anyways...
Old 02-06-2003, 11:35 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Any H Series can be swapped with another H series as with B-s and K-s....And im a Nissan guy gimmie a break....as for the 30PSI i agree with "zZLudeZz" thats too much for a street honda i could see pushin 30 PSI at the track but the timming and compression are going to fuck him in the end if its even a real deal......Not too mention turboed H22's suck for reliability, and at the track are very inconsistent.......It would put down an impressive time but it will never be dialed in.......Not to mention tuning for the thing is rediculous and the stand alone EMS forget it.......
Old 02-06-2003, 01:40 PM
PHOENIX

UltraJZA80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Shinobi
Any H Series can be swapped with another H series as with B-s and K-s....And im a Nissan guy gimmie a break....
Well, hey nissan guy...The Accord has an F22, not an H series motor stock.

But it drops right in though...
Old 02-06-2003, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I just got off of the phone with the guy that is thinking of purchasing the motor and he is unsure of the compression ratio, but he said the seller can provide receipts for all of the parts. He is also getting the tranny and a pair of motor mounts from the seller as well. The price is down to 4500 as of now.

Is it possible to have a H-23 bottom end? Im not sure if the guy means block or not, but I would assume thats what it has to be since the internals are now aftermarket. Any opinions on this?
Old 02-06-2003, 05:54 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

there have been some people who put the h22 head on the h23 block but its not really a popular thing to do. it sounds shady to me. it can handle 30psi but he doesnt know the compression ratio? are the cams from a new core or are they regrinds? what all was port/polished? was it given a valve job? who did the port work? what size are the injectors? it sounds like hes trying to sell something he either doesnt know that much about or something he doesnt have. just my $.02
Old 02-07-2003, 04:15 AM

The guy selling the motor knows all of the specs. The guy thinking about buying the motor wasnt sure what they were. He is going to contact the guy and find out all the info he can.

From what ive been told the motor does have the H22 head on the H23 block.

Lloyd

Quick Reply: 95 Accord and 97 Prelude motor?????