Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94ex instrument cluster problems

Old 06-24-2013, 07:45 AM
cubs 4 life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default 94ex instrument cluster problems

The other day i went to work and when i left for lunch everything was fine. I got lunch and when i was headed back to work the whole cluster was dead along with the left and right turn signal the low setting of the windshield wiper (medium and high work) and the dash clock stopped working. if i press the hazard button they still work. I checked the under the hood fuses and the under the dash fuses and none are blown. Anybody have a clue to what could be going on or where i need to check.
Its a 94ex with a b18 swap
Old 06-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 94ex instrument cluster problems

The hazard button supplies power to the turn signals from a different source, so that's not surprising. You'll need to look for what is supplying power to all of those circuits that are not working obviously, so it's possible that one of the ignition switch circuits is not working anymore, or whatever is supplying power to that circuit. Make sure that you aren't relying on a visual inspection to tell if the fuses are intact or not. They need to be checked with a multimeter. I can't remember what the circuit layout looks like on Hondas anymore, but all of the schematics are in the factory service manual.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:59 AM
cubs 4 life

my buddy says that there is one ignition switch only bc thats what he said but he looked it up and said there is only one. i hate electrical issues.
As far as the fues go there isnt even a fuse that supplies power to any of the given except for the instrument cluster light which still works.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:03 AM
cubs 4 life

is it possible that the cluster just went bad and that for some reason is causing the other stuff not to work
Old 06-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Did you just pull the fuses to check them or use a test light? Sometimes it's hard to tell if a fuse is blown by just looking at them. Had the same thing happen to my mustang. Ended up being a penny in the cigarette lighter blowing the fuse for all the dash accesories.